ProjectFi is live to everyone. Special introductory deal also.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
ProjectFi is live to everyone. For the special introductory deal they are doing a Google Nexus 5X phone for $199 or $249 depending on the internal memory configuration. When you get to the phone click "All Devices" to see the Nexus 5X for the introductory price.

Signup page.
Project Fi

Coverage map. They are using Sprint and T Mobile as backbones. When I called they said that there was coverage in my area even though it didn't show it.
Project Fi

Submit a request to speak to someone here.
Sign in - Google Accounts

Phone number to call and speak to an actual American! Scary stuff hearing someone that speaks English!
1-844-Talk2Fi

My plan is going to cost me $30 a month. $20 for the basics and $10 for 1GB of data. I literally have Wifi 99.9% of the time where I travel. Beats the $60 I was paying Verizon.

This is super tempting, Sprint coverage sucks at my house however TMobile is great. I can easily dump my iPhone 6 for enough to cover the ETF.

This is tempting just to get the 5x for under 300 to use on T-Mobile (device plus 1 month service).. Ultimately if I had not just bought the s7 I would bite. Makes me feel much better I cancelled my pre-order for the 5x before it shipped.

That first link is the Nexus 6, not the 6P.

I wish they would offer some sort of discount on the 6P too, seems all they ever discount is the 5X. I'm still pretty hesitant to drop my 2 lines of unlimited data on Verizon though. I also dunno if my wife would be happy with a Nexus phone. The 6 and 6P would be too big for her and the 5X is just meh coming from her GS6.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I used to think this was a potentially great idea for me personally (not knocking it for anyone else), but my T-Mobile plan for $30/month (had the plan for years now and hope to continue) offers me 5GB of data at top speed of whatever cellular connection I have (HSPA+ gives me close to 30Mbps, LTE well into the 80Mbps range here in my area) and then throttled after that, but I use Google Voice to make all my calls already anyway (over data or Wi-Fi, whichever is active).

I like the idea of Project Fi and I know several people that use it and love it so I suppose it's useful to some folks, definitely, and now that it's wide open for anyone it'll probably get even more useful.

I used to think this was a potentially great idea for me personally (not knocking it for anyone else), but my T-Mobile plan for $30/month (had the plan for years now and hope to continue) offers me 5GB of data at top speed of whatever cellular connection I have (HSPA+ gives me close to 30Mbps, LTE well into the 80Mbps range here in my area) and then throttled after that, but I use Google Voice to make all my calls already anyway (over data or Wi-Fi, whichever is active).

I like the idea of Project Fi and I know several people that use it and love it so I suppose it's useful to some folks, definitely, and now that it's wide open for anyone it'll probably get even more useful.

That $30 T-Mo deal is hard to pass up if you rarely make calls on your phone. Project Fi is more for the people who suspect they'll talk often, or whose data needs go beyond what that plan can offer (especially if you travel abroad). I just wish it was device-agnostic. I know the Nexus 5X and 6P are good phones, but I shouldn't have to switch to them!

I really don't see the point of project FI unless you use wifi 100% of the time even at 1GB I would rather get an MVNO on tmoblie or cricket(att) with LTE, unlimited calls/texts and 2-3GBs of data for 30-35$ a month.

I would like to use this, but I use about 10gbs a month, so I can't. It'd be too expensive for me since I am all over central FL with my job.

Back