Project: Mission

Very artistic photo :) The statue symbolizes your endless patience while assembling one of your mods? ;)

Very artistic photo :) The statue symbolizes your endless patience while assembling one of your mods? ;)

Thanks. He's been a real prima donna ever since he was made famous for being the reflection in Ingraham's chrome knob. He stormed off the set after I refused his demand for a doily. He came back humbled after I threatened to bring in a bud vase.

Thanks. He's been a real prima donna ever since he was made famous for being the reflection in Ingraham's chrome knob. He stormed off the set after I refused his demand for a doily. He came back humbled after I threatened to bring in a bud vase.

Heh :D

I remember the Ingraham reflection yeah :)

I have always been a fan of your work. And this is no exception. I apologize if this has been covered previously, however, isn't the primary purpose of the facade/shroud/cover to mask the presence of the computer? If there were no alternative, I could understand, but to me, if an optical drive is going to be used, the appearance of a slot in that space rather than the face of a 5.25 optical drive gives away what's inside. Why not a slot drive (per your Nano design) with the drive face hidden with only the slot visible instead? This is not a criticism. This inquiring mind wants to know. Cheers!

*dons her radiation gear in preparation for a nuclear explosion*

So... what are you going to put there in that big, blank spot on the front? :confused:

(seriously, great job stealthing it, don't kill me now :D )

geez people are mean on engadget.... Sheeeeit, they all scream "OMG, it will overheat"....... TOP AND BOTTOM EXHAUST you tardo's. It will be fine. And it will look nice being fine dummies!

Great work again dude, love the stealthen....... but what you going to do with the big empty space in the front?!?

/em hides behind Elledan who is wearing the radiation suit.

I really like the stealthed drive. I know it is your project and your preferences, but I think it looks much cleaner, and if folks don't know what it is, direct them to the back side for a clue. Since you went to all the trouble to build a table to blend in with your decor, I think the stealthed face is appropriate. Good job!

I was wondering when you were going to tackle creating a full size PC, it looks great. I especially like the interchangeable panels and freshly stealthed optical drive... please post a tray open shot to help me figure out how you hid it so well.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

The Intel People's Choice voting will be tough. I see that there is a Murderbox in it and an EEL Ambiense creation as well.

Good luck to all.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

The Intel People's Choice voting will be tough. I see that there is a Murderbox in it and an EEL Ambiense creation as well.

Good luck to all.

Yeah, I find it hard to pick between your mod and the Noir one :( Sometimes you just want to pick both :D

well, count one more vote for slipperyskip from me...

Thanks!

Yeah, I find it hard to pick between your mod and the Noir one :( Sometimes you just want to pick both :D

I know. I don't think I have much of a chance at the People's Choice category. I have my eye on the Lifestyle Innovation category mostly because I like the odds of having 10 competitors instead of 24. LOL

Briliant! Absolutely class!
Voted for you :)

Thank you. I appreciate that

What did you end up picking up from the CM contest? I've been posting there more recently and noticed your post today.

Congrats again!

Why is there a table in your worklog thread? Is that what your case is going to sit on?

:D

very nice and congratulations on the award(s)

What did you end up picking up from the CM contest? I've been posting there more recently and noticed your post today.

Congrats again!

Thanks. Mission won a grand prize in their modding contest ended Oct 15th. It is a lot of stuff for sure but I haven't seen anything yet. At first they told me I would receive it within 4 weeks but probably be only 2 weeks. It has been over six weeks and they have stopped responding to my e-mails. FYI, the guy who ran the last CM contest stole all the prizes. That is one messed up place.

Why is there a table in your worklog thread? Is that what your case is going to sit on?

:D

very nice and congratulations on the award(s)

Thanks! Nothing new here. Anyone old enough to remember console TVs? I was half tempted to call it a console PC. Console TVs were an attempt to hide a television in a piece of living room furniture and they were actually very popular.

Thanks. Mission won a grand prize in their modding contest ended Oct 15th. It is a lot of stuff for sure but I haven't seen anything yet. At first they told me I would receive it within 4 weeks but probably be only 2 weeks. It has been over six weeks and they have stopped responding to my e-mails. FYI, the guy who ran the last CM contest stole all the prizes. That is one messed up place.

Wow, that's extremely fucked up. To be honest, I recently placed an order through the CM store, but have posted in the forums prior to asking questions regarding warranties and what not, and I have to say, there have been several cracks I've noticed with Customer Service when it comes to CM...I'd suggest calling their offices directly.

Congradulations my friend, this case was indeed a very impressive mod.

Wow, "best in show" is nothing more than a test bench...
Congrats on your awards, definitely beautiful work, and I am glad you received recognition for your talents. Did you ever get your prizes from the CM contest?

Back