Project Gotham Racing 3: Perfect 10

Graphics maybe 10, the rest of the game is probably like a 5 or something.. I tried PGR 1&2, and found they just didn't have the "Road Feel" like say Forza or Gran Turismo

Mavvy911 said:
Graphics maybe 10, the rest of the game is probably like a 5 or something.. I tried PGR 1&2, and found they just didn't have the "Road Feel" like say Forza or Gran Turismo

Thats because its a game not meant to feel like that. Just because you dont like the more arcadish racers doesnt mean its a bad game.

I am not a racing fan by any means, but I have to admit, this game looks pretty good visually. Probably the best I have ever seen.

But then again, racing games have always looked better than every other game on a console.

Not to start a flamefest, but I much prefer a game never get a 10 by a website. There is always something worth -.1. Guess there is not reason for a PGR4 ever. :rolleyes:

IGN and Gamespot always get shit for rating too high. Have they ever given 10's? I don't think gamespot has, not sure about hand in your pocket IGN (too much requires insider access IMO, GS is the best).

texuspete00 said:
Not to start a flamefest, but I much prefer a game never get a 10 by a website. There is always something worth -.1. Guess there is not reason for a PGR4 ever. :rolleyes:

IGN and Gamespot always get shit for rating too high. Have they ever given 10's? I don't think gamespot has, not sure about hand in your pocket IGN (too much requires insider access IMO, GS is the best).

I agree with most of that, but I remember GS gave LoZ: OoT and LoZ: MM a perfect 10.

texuspete00 said:

Gamespot has given a couple of games 10's also.

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=top_rated&sort=score&page_type=games&dlx_type=all&date_filter=all

Yep, you are right. Hasn't happenned since 2001 though. Tony Hawk 3. But yeah Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time got it too. Chrono Cross and Soul Calibur. We'll see. But yeah, 10 is alot. But hey Soul Calibur was a launch title so I guess it's possible. Though again, I think I could find something worth -.1 there.

I just started sorting through before that link was posted. =/ Oh well... I look forward to see if this breaks the 3.5 year no 10's slump on GS. That will make me a believer. I just like a little room for improvement. Not like a 9.6 is bad or something!

Er, I think you guys misunderstand the point of reviews. Giving a game a 10 doesn't mean it's perfect; no game would ever get a 10 if that was the case. Giving a game a 10 means the reviewer couldn't think of a single thing to change that would make it better. There have been a handful of games like that that I can think of, like Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, and Gran Turismo 2.

^ No, just a difference of opinion. It's cool. MGS probably closest to 10 worthy (it did not get that on GS), but a lot of that has to do with retrospect. Wow what a game that was. At the time, the shortness was worth docking a fraction of a point. I don't want to be accussed of going to far OT maybe we should get back to PGR3. I was wrong about gamespot anyways.

texuspete00 said:

IGN gave Soul Calibur a 10. I don't thing anything else has gotten one.

I remember those tony hawk games, they were so fun. I'm picking up pgr3 and cod2 today but I won't be able to play it untill next week. :(

steaksauce said:
Thats because its a game not meant to feel like that. Just because you dont like the more arcadish racers doesnt mean its a bad game.

Oh I do like the arcadey racers a good deal. Burnout is one of my favourites, even that seems to handle better than PGR... I found the cars in PGR all felt like they were skating across the road, I found Rallispot Challenge had similar problems, save for the Ice racing, which felt right :)

-Mavvy911

I enjoy both arcade and simulation racers. I expect PGR3 to be about kudo's and arcade movement so that's not something to give the game bad marks for, but I would have liked to have seen him analyze the mechanics of the game and the race types and how the tracks play rather than just OMG GRAPHICS!!! It feels like that reviews 10/10 was based completely on the fact that the game looked good and had an in car view.

Mavvy911 said:

...maybe because it's a completely different type of game.

Back