Professional software firewall

endalykt

Limp Gawd
Agnitum finally shut their doors for good on 31 december 2016. After so many years of great software, from version 4 onwards, I am stuck without a good professional firewall. They gave me 2 years worth of Kaspersky, but that's not much to cheer for. Seems all software these days is geared for the "automagic" firewall that controls your machine for you, rather than letting you take control over the machine :(

If I had a spare machine I'd set up a Linux firewall, but even then I like having control of what the machine sends, not just what gets through.

As things are going now, I might just have to use the built-in Windows firewall, remove all preset rules and begin building my ruleset. Imagine that, a world where Microsoft provides the best security o_O ...or I might even end up pirating the software, it's dead anyway :/

Still, there's a lot out there, and there's no way I can see, find, try, or know about everything. If I'm lucky, there might still be something out there, something that could become my next "Outpost".

Anyone care to shine some light in my darkness? :)

been using microsoft firewall for years without issues, haven't seen the need to purchase firewall software for my workstation in probably a decade or more...

been using microsoft firewall for years without issues, haven't seen the need to purchase firewall software for my workstation in probably a decade or more...

That might be why they're so keen on including all kinds of extra stuff, from file shredders to online storage to lawn mower remote controls :)

Back