Probs w/ 2200+

mrurmil

Weaksauce
I was wondering if you could help me out with a couple of problems i'm having OC'ing. So i set it to 12*166 and set the RAM to run at 333 instead of Auto... and I booted into windows fine. Everything was running smoothly. I ran a few games to see if the system was stable and they ran nicely. Anyways, I decided to reboot my computer, and this is where it all fell apart. After I rebooted, I got no picture at all the monitor. The only thing I could do was hold down the power button for 5 seconds and turn the system off. After I turned it on again I got a picture and was able to get back in windows. On the next reboot, same problem. I set the frequency/multiplier back to default and the RAM back to auto and it worked fine again. I tried a lower multiplier next, 11*166 which was only 18.3ghz. The same thing happened and I only got picture on first boots. It seems like my system is not happy with running a 166FSB. Would upping the voltage help any? Any input is appreciated. Thx!

I think that the problem is with the PCI/AGP frequencies. I think when i bump up to a high FSB like 166 its causing problems with the pci/agp. Because when I run something like 14*143 it runs fine. I have a KT400 motherboard so it does not support PCI/AGP lock. But isnt 166mhz supposed to be 33/66 respectively for the pci/agp? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Back