Lt.Doomsday

Limp Gawd
It's a VAV V66 Case{$70 buck case that is really nice}
i have an MSI Delta2 Board {KN72}
1 gig of Corsair Memory
a 40 and 80 gig HD
2 CD-Rom Drives

the problems are as following:
After a Restart the keyboard and mouse don't work.
Also,the CPU comes up instead of a 2500+ it comes up as a 1800+

after another reboot no problem. to me it sounds like something is shorting out.anyone got any other suggestions?

i was right. I/O Plate wasn't directly on contact with the ps/2 port.just rebooted 4 times and no problem.

here is a pic of it:

DSCF0001.jpg

Did you fix the problem with the cpu? If this is a new build, check your front side bus (fsb) speed. For a 2500+ cpu, should be (I think) 166 fsb speed. You can usually adjust that in the bios, tho some boards still use jumpers for that purpose.

I'm guessing that's a K7N2 mobo? Your dyslexia musta been kickin' in, huh?? ;)

Anyways, if you have the fsb speed set at 133, your cpu will show up as a lower speed than what it is. Once you fix that, it should show up just fine as the 2500. :D

it was a fluke.i checked the BIOS the FSB is set at 166mhz.checked all the wiring again and it's fine.

it's fine now,now only if i could figure out how to get the LED's on the side to work.plus get the LCD to work{CPU,SYS and HDD}

Thats a pretty nice looking case, looks just like one of the old ATC cases from Cooler Master.

Thats good that you fixed your problems, i had a similar mouse + keyboard problem with having to restart it twice to get my mouse to turn on [all mice, not just my mx510] turned out to be something in bios that i had to turn on [enable usb mouse support :D ]

-lawler

really nice looking case, question though, is that a full faceplate, and if so, is it covering the HDDCooler vents? Looks that way, but seems kinda, counterproductive ;)

Passive Anubis said:
Update your bios to solve the cpu issue. Or update yor drivers. (or both)

Update your drivers for cpu issue at bios screen?

I think not.

actually,the BIOS was just updated to latest version before the case swap.the drivers were also updated.

well,i got the side lights to work.

also,since i built the case there is a long chrip noise that only occurs at startup. i checked the memory,video card,sound card,ethernet card and the CPU.it is still making the noise.

the PSU is a Vantec ION 400watt PSU. i have no clue what the problem could be cause the case does not come with a inside speaker.

please,i need some help with this

fixed it by disconnecting the LCD.LCD screen has a built in clock that buzzes cause it's not set right {reads 200-1-18}for some reason,now only on how to set it up.

Back