Problem burning DVD & CD

qtqc

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone. I have 2 DVD/CD burner and Im having a problem with both of them. I have tried both Nero and Roxio and have the same problem. When I try to burn something it stops anywhere from 15% to 49%. The program is not frozen but just stops burning. This happens with both drives and both programs. Any suggestions please?

hmm... have u reinstall windoze recently ?

so how are they configured, in the same flat, in different flats with your HD ?, is the flat cable twisted or something ?

Hey, havent reinstalled winblows for a while. I have them both installed on the same IDE cable. I will check the cable for problems. The thing is if it had a problem why would it start burning at all?

Have tried a few different types of cds and dvds. Whats PIO?

Programmable Input Output mode...

basically, teh suck for high speed drives.

Check your device manager for your IDE controllers running in PIO mode and force them into DMA.

Hey I forced the drives into DMA but still the same problems. I forgot to mention in PowerISO the error code it gives me is "Burning Failed -109"

If the drive actually is in PIO mode, Nero should still be able to burn the disc. It would take a really long time and multiple stops. Considering the max buffer Nero will use is 80mb, if it did freeze during the buffer fill up, it would freeze for 3-4 mins then empty the buffer on the drive.

What upgrades/updates have you done to your computer since the last time you burned a disc?

I would think the IDE cable is at fault since both drives cannot burn a disc. If you have another IDE cable, try connecting it to the drives and try burning again.

When I switched IDE cables it now got stuck about half way through and said something like Synchronising Cache

What upgrades/updates have you done to your computer since the last time you burned a disc?
How much free space do you have on your windows drive?
Is your ram OC'd? If so set it via SPD and try again.

Back