Printer problem

FearTheCow

Supreme [H]ardness
I have an HP 8600 plus that wont install.
- Computer is attached to a sierra wireless overdrive pro wireless broadband router
- Printer is connected to sierra wireless overdrive pro
- when I install the software for the printer and I get to the part to connect a new printer i select "network." When i click next it see's the printer, I hit "next" and it says "failed."

I have uninstalled all software, restarted printer, router, and computer multiple times and nothing has worked.

I am getting desperate and am taking all ideas, suggestions, and most comments.

Did you install the printer drivers onto the computer first? Did you try connecting the printer directly to the computer using a USB cable?

Since the printer isn't being recognized through the network, you may have to connect it directly (using USB) to the computer to install the drivers correctly.

I tried USB and wireless. The software sees the printer but it won't connect to it. I spent 3 hours on the phone with HP tech support trying just about everything. They kicked it up to an "engineer" and are supposed to call me back in the next 48 hours. The printer worked perfect until I tried swapping it with the new one of the exact same model. I can also log into the printers menu from the desktop so the connection is there and working, just won't connect with the driver.

Back