Leaderboard for Team [H]

19 - RFGuy_KCCO
142 - brilong
181 - HighTech67
222 - travanx
223 - Coleslaw
445 - grim4593
584 - [H]agrid

Next challenge of the series will be in March.

Looks like we finished 11th.

Leaderboard for Team [H]

19 - RFGuy_KCCO
142 - brilong
181 - HighTech67
222 - travanx
223 - Coleslaw
445 - grim4593
584 - [H]agrid

Next challenge of the series will be in March.
Hopefully I will be able to do better with the prime.
I have added 4790 to the mix. So with that and the 2500K, it should be better. The 8350 did not like doing the prime.

Picked up Amethyst for TRP LLR:
trp_llr_amethyst.png

Crunching on SR5 now. Working on getting all PG sub-projects to 1 million points.

Finally got Amethyst for SR5 LLR:
sr5_amethyst.png

Working on Amethyst for 321 LLR now.

Hit my 500 million point goal this week and also picked up Amethyst for 321 LLR:
321_amethyst.png

I'll still be crunching PrimeGrid, just not as focused as I was previously. I am working on Amethyst for ESP LLR now, but I am moving my Nvidia GPU's over to Asteroids for a little bit to hit my 5 million point goal there.

It looks like I found my first PPS Prime, and it's a big one!

Dear Primefinder,

Congratulations! Our records indicate that a computer registered by you has found a unique prime number. This computer is running BOINC, is attached to the PrimeGrid project, and is assigned to the Proth Prime Search. What makes this prime unique is that it's large enough to enter the Top 5000 List in Chris Caldwell's The Largest Known Primes Database.

Since you have auto-reporting selected, the following prime was submitted on your behalf:

Added 121600 : 5829*2^1404265+1 (422730 digits)

This prime was found on this workunit which will automatically show as a prime result after verification by the Largest Known Primes Database.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us and we will surely resolve any problems.

Once again, congratulations on your find! Thank you for participating in PrimeGrid.

PrimeGrid staff

Thanks to the recent challenge, I picked up a Ruby badge for Cullen a couple of days ago:
cul_ruby.png

I also continue to work towards my other goals at PrimeGrid. To that end, I picked up Amethyst for the Extended Sierpinski Problem (LLR) this morning:
esp_amethyst.png

Picked up Amethyst for PPS (LLR) this morning:
pps_llr_amethyst.png

I have now met all of my short-term goals at PrimeGrid, so I will be moving on to other projects for now.

PPS Sieve just went Ruby too -
upload_2016-6-11_6-16-39.png
during the Pentathlon

Got gold
upload_2016-8-5_16-42-57.png
in TRP Sieve during the Summer Olympics Challenge:). Just about the right time.

TRP SV was Silver @ ~1800PST 02AUG when I switched over to this project for the Summer Olympics Challenge. Since then, have crunched through -
sr2sieve_trp_gold.png
sr2sieve_trp_amethyst.png
sr2sieve_trp_ruby.png
sr2sieve_trp_turquoise.png
and
sr2sieve_trp_jade.png
trophies. Am currently at 11,088,866 points for the project (with 1.2M pending) and will probably let it run through Sapphire.

Well, in "Olympics" kind of challenge there is only bronze, silver and gold.:smug:

TRP Sieve has gone Sapphire.
sr2sieve_trp_sapphire.png
:D It's my first sapphire badge for PrimeGrid, so that's cool. Come to think of it, TRP SV Jade was my first badge of that level there too. :) Am done with PG for now; back to WCG.

Let's see how much you can eat into brilong's large pie with your hardware.:D

During the latest challenge ESP LLR went Ruby
esp_ruby.png
and Turquoise
esp_turquoise.png
:)

Silver for AP27
ap26_silver.png
Yes I know it says AP26 on the badge but they are using the same one from the old run.

ESP LLR also went Gold
esp_gold.png

Sierpinski (ESP/PSP/SoB) Sieve (suspended) stopped at
sr2sieve_psp_amethyst.png

ESP LLR went Sapphire over the weekend
esp_sapphire.png

Unfortunately my HTTP proxy went down Friday night and I never thought to check it. As a result I missed the deadline on a TON of these WUs. :( Oh well, am done with this sub-project and detaching from it.

Since enabling SGS on 29SEP, the following has occurred:

SGS went Turquoise
sgs_turquoise.png

3021691491315*2^1290000-1 was discovered on 29SEP
3029225521467*2^1290000-1 was discovered on 01OCT
3039850440987*2^1290000-1 was discovered on 02OCT
3042019430697*2^1290000-1 was discovered on 03OCT

Congrats fastgeek! (y)(y)(y)(y)According to RFGuy, he thinks you should find some primes with the hardware that you've got with SGS and his prediction is spot on!

Looks like you are now in the elite group of prime finders. You are at number 255. Your prime list is here in case you can't find it.

Found another SGS Prime yesterday (04OCT), most likely originally crunched during the 24hr challenge - 3066830931855*2^1290000-1

Turned on AP27 last night to see what my GTX1070 can do, obtained the Bronze
ap26_bronze.png
and Silver
ap26_silver.png
badges (each WU takes ~1,545-1,560 seconds)

Not sure what this means, exactly, but my 3rd WU yielded a "Found of length 21" 330813523897948709+4401365*23#*n for n=0..20

PPS LLR has reached Sapphire.
pps_llr_sapphire.png
Been crunching those MEGA tasks for the last couple weeks... no primes yet though. Bummer. :(

Nice work fastgeek. (y)The team would certainly appreciate your participation in the WCG 12th birthday challenge which is about a month from now. :D Seti Germany is coordinating challenge

PPS LLR has reached Sapphire.
pps_llr_sapphire.png
Been crunching those MEGA tasks for the last couple weeks... no primes yet though. Bummer. :(

Nice work, fastgeek! I am sooooo jealous of your hardware. :geek:

How much heat is generated when all those CPU's are crunching away? These PrimeGrid LLR tasks are especially heat generating, since they take advantage of AVX instructions. I imagine the heat being kicked out by those CPU's when all of them are running PG is tremendous.

Switched from Mega to 321 LLR, which just reached Amethyst
321_amethyst.png

Nice work fastgeek. (y)The team would certainly appreciate your participation in the WCG 12th birthday challenge which is about a month from now. :D Seti Germany is coordinating challenge

Thanks! Challenges next month will be, well, a bit of a challenge. Am going to be on vacation and likely only have infrequent connections to my work lab. We'll see what happens though. :)

Nice work, fastgeek! I am sooooo jealous of your hardware. :geek:

How much heat is generated when all those CPU's are crunching away? These PrimeGrid LLR tasks are especially heat generating, since they take advantage of AVX instructions. I imagine the heat being kicked out by those CPU's when all of them are running PG is tremendous.

Thank you! Don't be too jealous as it's not my hardware; just hardware I'm able to do things with. No subvert borging though. The heat load can be fairly high, but the lab has a decent cooling system. That being said, if the AC stops the room get VERY hot VERY fast. I'll try to get you some BTU outputs per the Dell hardware monitors in the next couple days.

Well you deserve a good vacation and the machines probably need a good rest too (if only they can talk):ROFLMAO:. There is a bigger WCG Xmas challenge in Dec, so this is probably just a warm-up for the winter challenges. I hope we have more folks step in.

321 LLR has reached Ruby
321_ruby.png

pututu, don't know how much of a break they'll get... but yeah... I might stop all activities while I'm gone just to be safe. :)

Or just leave them on running GoofyxGrid since it is NCI.

321 LLR has reached Turquoise
321_turquoise.png

As for my down time... if I'm not expected to take my work laptop, I'll most likely be shutting everything down for the duration. My proxy has been pretty stable lately, but don't want to be one of those guys who let a ton of WUs time out. :)

Back