Prices of Memory

DruSi3r

Gawd
Guys,
I just talked to someone very important at a company that sells machines to memory module builders. He tells me that prices will not sink to those of 18 months ago. Whine. All the memory companies (hynix, samsung etc) are at 102% capacity and transitioning into ddr2 near term. Your thoughts

Can't remember the article, but aren't the top chip producers in litigtation right now about supposedly gouging memory prices?

The article specifically spoke about one company like Samsung selling chips at X dollars and all the others following suit to raise prices.

Just wondering if anyone remembers anything about this.

Rambus is claiming that the other companies are gouging I think............ They fucking are! When rambus died, prices for DDR shot through the roof.

Now even PC133 is expensive. It's retarded. I refuse to buy a 256mb for $40. The memory is slower than shit.

Memory prices have gone up quite a bit in the last months, I saved about $70 by buying my DDR when i did....compared to prices now.

i just got jacked for 350.00$ ...
got the best though, for what i wanna do.
ocz eb pc3700 dc 1 gig

Ye, I remember when Geil Golden Dragon was $86 for a 512mb stick. I was out of money, so I only got one (2x256mb). As I was saving money for another stick, the price rose. That same ram is now $205. OMFG. I don't like it.

Back