Price check on used computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trip1

n00b
Hello all, i'm interested in selling my computer locally for a labtop, and i'm sort of out of the loop these days on current technology. I was hoping someone could give me an estimate as to how much my rig is worth.

I would have posted this in the FS/FT forum but its against the rules. Hope its okay to throw it in here(Not selling on hardforum, will be selling locally)

Specs:

ASUS M2N-E motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ AM2 windsor 2.2ghz
OCZ platinum XTC PC2-6400 2gb 2x1GB DDR2 800
EVGA E-GEFORCE 7600GT KO 580mhz 256mb
WD Caviar 250gb SATA2 7200rpm 16mb cache 8.9ms
Enermax 535w Power supply
BenQ lightscribe DVD+RW16x16x9
Silver antec P180 case

Just an estimate or range of price would be very much appreciated

I bought it all for 1200CAD in July of 2006.

$250 to $300 or best offer... it's really not worth much anymore what with people being able to buy Core 2 machines brand new with LCDs for $500 or less complete. I know people put a lot of time and money into machines but, 2 years... I see these types of builds on Craig's List constantly and they always ask for too much ($400 or more) and end up selling for $250 more often than not, sometimes a bit more (that's USD of course).

From the GenHard Sticky...

How much can I get for [my computer/my parts]?

Price checks are not allowed in General [H]ardware; the only place you could get a price check at the [H] is through the General Mayhem forum.

The "easy way" to determine your computer's/part's/parts' resell value is take 10%-40% off its current retail value, based on its age, its condition, whether or not it has all of its accessories (including packaging materials and paperwork), and other factors (e.g., where it was used at, whether or not it was overclocked, the time left on its warranty).

If you want a more "accurate" estimate, check out what the used computer/part is selling for elsewhere. Check out eBay, Craigslist, and forums (like here) where members sell and trade their used parts. As a warning though: don't expect a huge profit in reselling your part, as many people want a huge discount on used parts.

GL with the sale! ;)

whats a labtop
I still wonder the same thing. :confused: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back