Pretty Warm - 34 Inch Monoprice "CrystalPro Curved Monitor"

Blakestr

[H]ard|Gawd
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=44602

Posting because I have one of the Dark Matter series, which is an earlier version of this I think. Assuming that's the case, it's a pretty damn good bang for buck monitor. I've had zero issues with it for 3 or 4 years, and it has a lot of functionality as well. Only thing I'm not sure is the HDR stuff - the stuff on mine looks like garbage but I think that's a pretty common issue with these lower-end HDR features.

No reviews? And no volume discount. Doesn't matter if you buy 1 or 50, it's the same price which is weird since they always offer discounts.

No reviews? And no volume discount. Doesn't matter if you buy 1 or 50, it's the same price which is weird since they always offer discounts.
There weren't that many reviews when I bought the Dark Matter one - it's worked awesome without any issue, monoprice is weird that way I guess

Reactions: Hulk
like this
would a person be missing hdr if they bought this display, or is even noticeable

would a person be missing hdr if they bought this display, or is even noticeable
Honestly I've never actually seen a HDR monitor working, to be able to tell the difference. It looks greyed out and trashy when I enable it in Windows and even in the games that detect it that allow for it, it never looks better. Maybe I'm missing something.

HDR is pretty awesome on PC - I have a 1080p / 360Hz VA and a 3440x1440 / 175Hz OLED from Alienware for reference - both driven by X3D/4090.

HDR is pretty awesome on PC - I have a 1080p / 360Hz VA and a 3440x1440 / 175Hz OLED from Alienware for reference - both driven by X3D/4090.
i need a new display around that size or bit smaller since i often do months to years on the road so it cant be too travel unfriendly. Was kinda wanting to have the HDR option as well

i need a new display around that size or bit smaller since i often do months to years on the road so it cant be too travel unfriendly. Was kinda wanting to have the HDR option as well
Yeah, if you don't know any better I don't think it is worth it to pay more, so to speak - but modern monitors just kind of have it these days so I think it may be worth it to shop around a bit. The bigger ones like my 34" would probably be cost prohibitive to ship. I've got a couple 24" 1080p high-HZ monitors and those are great for travel/shipping.

Honestly, it may be worth it to just buy one in the town you end up in. Then you just ship it once as you leave or sell it locally.

Back