Pretty cool autonomous drone

GoodBoy

2[H]4U
This looks pretty neat. Haven't really gotten into drones other than little $35 ones, but it's tempting:
https://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton...is-smaller-even-smarter-and-almost-affordable

Essentially, the Skydio 2 is offering a magical amount of autonomy and no significant downsides for a premium of a few hundred dollars over what you’d pay for a much (much) dumber drone. You’re not just paying for something that’s marginally better, you’re paying for access to entirely new capabilities that manage to deliver on what drones have been promising for half a decade.

From what I see they don't much over on DJI other than claimed better obstacle avoidance. DJI being the 800 pound guerrilla for consumer drones I'd be leaning that direction for the parts availability and ecosystem. I recently took a long look at drones and virtually everything available. If not for the $ would have gone DJI. Decided $60 disposable camera drones were a better buy for my use.

Definitely cool, but most of those "tracking" shots in the trailer are not framed worth a crap. The Instagram queens will not like that

"Skydio’s autonomy system is powered by an NVIDIA Tegra X2 processor running nine custom deep networks. The drone uses a 3D world model with an update rate of more than 1 million points per second, and is able to track up to 10 simultaneous objects."

Coolest use i've seen yet for that platform.

I was about to get excited then saw: US/Canada only. Damn racists!

Back