Pretty Big Problem with My Setup [a7n8x and 2400+ mobile reaing weird!!!] PLZ HELP!!

SquiDDy

Limp Gawd
OK, here is the deal,

originally, i thought these where separate issues, but i now believer that it is one problem

out of the blue a few days ago, i noticed a relay weird problem in my far cry demo, everything ran at like 4 x speed, everything

i was like, man thats weird, must be the demo, stupid buggy thing... and didn't try to play any more games till yesterday

anyways, fast forward to yesterday

i wasn't quite sure what bios revision i had on my board, so i went to check it real quick via gcpuid, and it shows my processor as being a

600mhz mobile CPU
100 internal clock
multiplier at 11.5

in reality, in my bios the settings are

2400+ mobile athlon running at 2.3
200 internal clock
multiplier at 11.5
and voltage at 1.675

and just because you will probably need the info
i have the asus A7N8X revision 2.0 with 1007 bios, [newest on asus's site]

the rest of the specs are in my Sig

OK, now that that is aside, i will continue...

i go to play desert combat, and i notice that it to, is playing at like 4 x speed, so I'm baffled as to what could be the problem

i reinstall my cat 4.3 drivers for my sapphire 9600xt and no change in the problem

so, i figure maybe its something with my clock being relay unstable so in the bios i set my CPU to

200 internal clock
10 multiplier
1.675 v

i figure that it will be pretty stable on that, and there shouldn't be any problems with the processor being able to meet those speeds easily

the problem is still there

so, long story short

my CPU reads as a 600mhz processor with a 100 internal clock x 11.5 [the multiplier reads correctly] in my system details, gcpu id, and cpuz, when it is in fact set to 2.3 with a 200 internal clock x 11.5 [with 1.675v]

and my games are all played at about 4x as fast as they should be

i have tried reseting CMOS, changing bios settings, changing clocks, and multipliers, changing video card drivers, and various other small tweaks

i have been told in a different post that this may be caused by PowerNow!

i know very little about power now, and a quick google search only revealed what i already knew, but i cant find out to turn it off if it is the culprit

I'm relay relay in need of some help, because I'm baffled and would realy appreciate any help i can get

i also posted this in general hard stuff, but i think it will get alot more traffic here and i think it also applies to general computing aswell and will help me to get on my way quicker, if this is a problem, mods, move it or just plain delete i

PowerNow would be disabled thru Screen Saver>Power>Power Schemes>Select "Home Office/Desk"

But i highly doubt thats your problem. Bust out the FM (freakin manual) clear cmos, check all jumper functions and settings. See if the default cpu setting works (bios)

Many more things you can try but i just can't think right now.

G'luck and report back with your findings. We'll help with a process of elimination.

Originally posted by SJetski71
PowerNow would be disabled thru Screen Saver>Power>Power Schemes>Select "Home Office/Desk"

But i highly doubt thats your problem. Bust out the FM (freakin manual) clear cmos, check all jumper functions and settings. See if the default cpu setting works (bios)

Many more things you can try but i just can't think right now.

G'luck and report back with your findings. We'll help with a process of elimination.

i tried all that stuff, no luck :(

horray, i solved my problem, after re setting the cmos coutnless times, i decided to go a step further

first thing i did, was i set the power to lap top powermode, then back to regular desktop power, just to make sure to reset the modes to desktop default

then i reset the cmos, then i unplugged the machine, took the motherboard battery out, and let it sit for like 30 secconds

turned it on, and problem solved, reads as the right speed in cpu z, and no more odd hyped up video game speeds

thx for the help

any one have any clue as to what may have caused this??

Back