Pre Order: Rome II Total War 25% off

Thanks for the heads up you almost made me consider it, looks like it will be a very good half game...

If CA follows the same path as Shogun 2, the other half of the game will be spread out in an obscene number of dlc almost rivaling Civ. 5

Pre-purchase + DLC = As much as I like the series, I'll be waiting for a goty package.

People still pre-order games?

Yes they do shockingly.

Anyway I would jump on this, but every time I try to buy from this site all my cards get rejected then I rage. Learned my lesson from the last few previous attempts.

After Empire TW I'm not pre-ordering anything in the TW series (although Shogun was good). Will wait for the reviews...

After Empire TW I'm not pre-ordering anything in the TW series (although Shogun was good). Will wait for the reviews...

What was the problem with Empire TW? The game was pretty good IMO...

What was the problem with Empire TW? The game was pretty good IMO...

Well..coming from Medieval 2, I just wasn't looking for what Empire brought. Guns have always been a huge weakness in the series. Also, the time period isn't as interesting (to me anyway) forts are boring compared to castles...just didn't care for it overall.

Castles, hell cities, etc is something that the Total War series has probably did the worst.

They need to make castles and things more in depth, something like Stronghold, where you can design your castle, it's defenses, etc (and the AI castles are different/varied) with everything from defensive structures, towers, killing holes, archers, to boiling oil, moats, etc.

Forts were definitely a weak point in Empire: TW, but I enjoy the game more then some other TW games, mainyl because I like the time period and we simply do not get NEARLY as many strategy games in that era as we do fantasy/medieval strategy games.

The main reason I loved Empire is because the diplomacy seemed much better, and of course it was the biggest of them all unless I am mistaken.

I am more of a casual player though, I like building an empire, but don't always fight my battles.

The main reason I loved Empire is because the diplomacy seemed much better, and of course it was the biggest of them all unless I am mistaken.

I am more of a casual player though, I like building an empire, but don't always fight my battles.

Ah, ok, I get it. I forget sometimes that people play games for different reasons. I really enjoy the battles and harrowing odds. Empire was much more city management focused which I didn't enjoy as much. I think the medieval era gets a lot more play as a suit of armor and a sword tend to look cooler than men in tights and fancy hats with muskets.

Thanks, pre-ordered.

Empire Total War was amazing, especially if you use "Darth Mod"

Loved the scale, massive battles, and empire building.

Rome 2 might drive me to upgrade to Haswell, if there is enough of a jump in performance from Sandy Bridge.

First game I've preordered in 10 years. Discount AND I get Spartans? No brainer. :)

Back