PPD for GTX 680's 4 way

lundrog

[H]ard|Gawd
Guy's,

What type of PPD should I be getting on my sig?

I see 30-40k ppd per card , unless I land a large work unit. It seems like I can go day's without one. I'm running mostly beta flag, as i'm a beta tester.

Here is a example..

save-L.png

How am I faring over all?

Code:
<config>
  <!-- Folding Core -->
  <checkpoint v='30'/>
  <core-priority v='low'/>
  <cpu-usage v='86'/>

<!-- Folding Slot Configuration -->
  <extra-core-args v='-gpu-vendor nvidia'/>
  <max-packet-size v='big'/>
  <power v='full'/>

<!-- HTTP Server -->
  <allow v='0.0.0.0/0'/>
  <deny v='99.99.99.99'/>

<!-- Network -->
  <proxy v=':8080'/>

<!-- Remote Command Server -->
  <command-allow-no-pass v='0.0.0.0/0'/>
  <command-deny-no-pass v='99.99.99.99'/>

<!-- User Information -->
  <passkey v='key'/>
  <team v='33'/>
  <user v='lundrog'/>

<!-- Work Unit Control -->
  <next-unit-percentage v='100'/>

<!-- Folding Slots -->
  <slot id='1' type='GPU'>
    <client-type v='beta'/>
  </slot>
  <slot id='2' type='GPU'>
    <client-type v='beta'/>
  </slot>
  <slot id='3' type='GPU'>
    <client-type v='beta'/>
  </slot>
  <slot id='4' type='GPU'>
    <client-type v='beta'/>
  </slot>
  <slot id='0' type='CPU'>
    <client-type v='beta'/>
    <cpus v='-1'/>
  </slot>
</config>
My config.

Thanks!

The current GPU beta unit uses a different core that is openCL based. It seems it may be out of WUs at the moment, but if they are repopulated, you'll need to change settings a little. Unlike the CUDA based cores, core_17 requires a full CPU core to run on NVidia hardware, so if you get any, both the cpu and GPU will be starved in your current set up.

Other than that, it looks good.

From a practical standpoint, there is not much need for more beta testing of core_17, I know a lot of kepler owners have removed the beta flag (as more testing isn't really needed, and ppd is worse for kepler on beta unit, especially if running SMP also).

I know a lot of kepler owners have removed the beta flag

I didn't know that people were leaving beta. I've been running it with a 560ti 448 off and on since beta was released at about 36k ppd. Time to go non beta i guess.

hmmmm your 560 ti is outfolding my 570s which get around 34K

for me, beta flag tanked my 2 gts 450s and gt430, and improved my 6850's. core17 seemed to be better for amd cards in my case, so i did bump the nv cards off of the beta flag.

now, those are lower end cards, so nowhere near the raw power of a 680, let alone 4

I didn't know that people were leaving beta. I've been running it with a 560ti 448 off and on since beta was released at about 36k ppd. Time to go non beta i guess.

kepler users have been leaving, as PPD is better on non-beta WUs (directly and due to CPU usage). I'd stay if you have Fermi... but, it seems the beta units are running out.

So go down to 8 cores?

Well, if you are going to keep the beta flag, and you get 7662s, then yeah. But, not sure the utility of keeping flag at this point, and even if you do, it seems the server is running out of 7662s (from others, and as evidenced by the fact that your screenshot showed you do not have any with beta flag on).

More specifically for Fermi, it has to be a GTX 460 or faster. This was used as the benchmark. It's not surprising that bigteds 430 and 450 tanked, as they are slower than a 460. Even a 460 takes a PPD hit to fold these units.

PuppeteerNexus, which drivers are you using?

I will try 8 CPU, seems like even when I remove beta I get small or similar work units. I assume this just means all the large units are taken?

jfb9301 said:
PuppeteerNexus, which drivers are you using?

Not near the pc right now, I'll post that in a few hours. I DO have it over clocked to 875core and 2050 memory. Stock clocks (735/1900) were only about 28k ppd.

Guy's,

Running the classy's without a OC other than factory, should I try to get a little more out of them? Will it help ppd much?

Ok, just an update. Took off the beta flag on my 560ti 448 and pulled a 7625. Card is overclocked to 875core/2050mem and I'm getting 6min12sec per frame, equaling 32732ppd. A definite drop. Also, my temperature at the same fan speed has increased from a steady 68c, to a whopping 84c.

ninja edit- I am running 314.22

Back