Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some schools now where they start the kids off in kindergarten with exercise balls instead of chairs. . . the kids keep a much better posture, and burn off energy as they bob up and down and apparently keeps them better focused. . . then when they go to first grade they bring the ball with all the way down the line... i suppose it maybe stops in middle school? and if they are naughty, punishment is they sit in a normal chair lol. I can't remember where i read that.

in any case I tried using one for a chair a few times. . . I can't do it.

Exercise ball instead of chair? lol

i dont think i could make a ball work. id probably try and lean back and fall over. it wouldent be pretty when im drunk trying to play a game. :/

Just trying it out for now, have been using it for about a week. Seems alright. I'll give it a month or two before I make a decision. They're cheap anyway.

Supposedly they're great for posture and abs. They also double as a great workout companion.

nerdstation.jpg

here's mine now, it's both my computer desk and xbox gaming rig. there's a pillow on my pc because i use it as a footrest while i'm playing xbox:p

Exercise ball instead of chair? lol

I had one for a while, only problem is not having height adjustment can be a pain, so I stopped using it because i felt i was always looking up at my desk

Bought a new desk :D (and a few gadgets, such as the G1, the N810, the Magic Mouse amongst other things....) Just awaiting the arrival of my new shiny Dell Inspiron 11z :D

(yes its a Mac - it also has a Linux wallpaper and 3 Linux VM's on it :p as its all I have till my Dell arrives ;) )

4099743445_b5a1ce59b1_b.jpg

The walls and floor in your work area makes it look like you are set up in a public bathroom. :p

i am guessing dorm room

lol no, a lot of places here are built with those blocks and my downstairs is all tiled, upstairs where the bedrooms are is carpeted :p

At least its nice and cool in summer, and cyclone proof, and actually better than that shot might have you believe ;)

as for the N810 - I am running debian-chroot on it with the LXDE desktop and its running really well, my next project for it is installing Ubuntu 9.04.

Semi work in progress, desk and walls need some repair work. I also want to elevate my speakers about 6 inches. Going to make custom stands I think, any suggestions?

IMG_1081.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

Semi work in progress, desk and walls need some repair work. I also want to elevate my speakers about 6 inches. Going to make custom stands I think, any suggestions?

I just did that exact thing about a week ago. Here's the post with pictures. I just used PVC pipe with some wood for a shelf since it was the perfect size for my stands, both which I picked up at Lowes. Cut the PVC pipe to length, and cut the wood to the size of my speakers. Drilled a hole in the center of the top and bottom of the stands to run the speaker wire up through the center so wires aren't visible. Then primed and painted them black. Also put some feet on the bottom which I picked up there as well. Total cost of the project was under $20. Well worth the price.

I just did that exact thing about a week ago. Here's the post with pictures. I just used PVC pipe with some wood for a shelf since it was the perfect size for my stands, both which I picked up at Lowes. Cut the PVC pipe to length, and cut the wood to the size of my speakers. Drilled a hole in the center of the top and bottom of the stands to run the speaker wire up through the center so wires aren't visible. Then primed and painted them black. Also put some feet on the bottom which I picked up there as well. Total cost of the project was under $20. Well worth the price.

Awesome, looks great. Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Yeah, I used some clear epoxy type stuff. Seems to be pretty strong. I put it around the PVC, then stuck it to the wood, then I did some around it again, where the PVC meets the wood, to put a uniform seal around it.

If you want to be more thorough with it all, here's a good DIY on making some.

i made some very similar speaker stands out of exhaust tubing and sheet steel. ( i had both laying around.)

P9090017.jpg

P9090013.jpg

Hey guys,

Been awhile since I last posted my workstation... I've since moved to a new place..

Heres my old setup

Old1.jpg

Old2.jpg

And heres my new and improved! :)

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

Enjoy!

Monitor: Dell U2410 w/ Ergotron LX Desk Mount
Keyboard: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
Mice: Razer Deathadder (Changed back from Mamba cause I hated the charging factor of the Mamba), Orochi, Logitech VX550, MX1100 (To control desktop from bed)
Speakers: KRK Rokit Powered 5's & KRK 10S 10" Sub
Printers: HP C6380 and HP LaserJet 3050
Colour Calibrator: Pantone Huey Pro
Modem: Billion 7300N

Very soon, I'll be adding a MacAir to the workstation as its required by my line of work (design).. :)

PS: Notice the much improved cable management under my desk.. haha!

Very nice! What desk is that?

Looks like this one "Black Enermax Aurora Micro KB006U-B Brushed Aluminum Keyboard, w/ Diamond Cut Edges and Two USB 2.0 Ports"
directron_2080_267138312

Looks like this one "Black Enermax Aurora Micro KB006U-B Brushed Aluminum Keyboard, w/ Diamond Cut Edges and Two USB 2.0 Ports"]

actually you'll notice in the previous picture it has a full size numpad and arrows
making it the full size Aurora

What keyboard is that?

That would be the best keyboard on the planet :eek:
Well for me at least lol.

It's the Enermax Aurora:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823102003

However for reasons I fail to understand they have discontinued it. I've searched for it everywhere and can't find any for sale.

Granted they have replaced it with the Aurora Premium:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823219002

Main differences being the enter key is now huge and the back space key is small. BTW I've never known anyone that prefers this design. Although if ya do, more power to ya.

They do have a few more models, however none that compare to the original imo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010290063 50001400&name=Enermax

Hope that helps,
Bob

I got it from Sam's Club about a 6 months ago, so I doubt they have it anymore. It was just a typical leather chair, but they also had it in that wool fabric. It's a average chair, my cat loves to use it as a climbing mechanism though. I tried to find the link, but I don't see it on the site anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back