Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the aluminum too, though I didn't get the plated finish. I changed my "zinc wave" mesh to black over time but kept the gray framing

DSCF2293.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I never realized how expensive those chairs are... we literally kick them across our tool room.

Those chairs are honestly one of the finest things my posterior has ever sat in :D

Too bad they were at a old job that I don't work at anymore and my new job has somewhat crappy chairs in comparison :(

thanks to you guys, I've decided no more office depot chairs for my butt.. I'm saving and looking for a aeron. the C size is a bit less plentiful then the B.

how can you tell which it is? Is it even possible to do so without measuring?

thanks to you guys, I've decided no more office depot chairs for my butt.. I'm saving and looking for a aeron. the C size is a bit less plentiful then the B.

how can you tell which it is? Is it even possible to do so without measuring?

If you go to their site, they have a sizing chart.
look for your height and weight and they will point you to the correct size in their chart,

*EDIT

I liked the aluminum too, though I didn't get the plated finish. I changed my "arctic weave" mesh to black over time but kept the gray framing

how did you change it? I was thinking if I could change my mesh to the wavy mesh.

how did you change it? I was thinking if I could change my mesh to the wavy mesh.

The bunch of screws that go all the way around the perimeter of a piece are what hold it in. Once you take them out (the back has about 8 or 10 I think?) you can just "pop" the mesh out of the frame...the new one presses into the little slit and then you just screw it all back together. It's taught, so the pressing in can take some time to get perfect.

I found that the fancier weaves (like my original Zinc Pellicle Wave) seem to be a little less "durable" because they were "softer". (it ended up getting a hole, hence my switch back to the "pellicle classic")

The complete list of choices is here: https://www.hermanmiller.com/CMF/CDA/index.html#pid=8

I forget now, but I think I paid $125 for the new pellicle back...got the seat off of ebay for $25. (like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Herman-Miller-A...244QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&itemid=150383964244 )

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That background is the game wall paper for uncharted 2 among thieves when you have it selected but not launched.

About as clean as it'll get anytime soon... and the stand I made for the Tv... they were out of the matching wood at Ikea and needed to make a stand so I just took a white piece... it was only $5-7 if I remember so I'll get it replaced... I actually got the desk for free so I paid more for those little stands haha...

name of stand supports and wood? i need to make one of those for my desk :)

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20054563

4" for the computer, 6" for the TV

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10104813

11" depth for the 30" and 14" for the Plasma...

What kind of mousepad/placemat is that under your keyboard?

Xtrac XXL ... it's like 36" by 18" :) ... fairly cheap too, and I just cleaned it in the washer (on cold) and let it air-dry. Over time it gets dust and food stuck in there, it's just fabric.

How do you like your Embody chair? I've been looking at possibly trading up from my Aeron for it.

Like it quite a bit.. I'd say try it out in person though... it was $1400, but I plan on keeping it for a long-ass time... I figure instead of buying a shitty $100 chair every year, I'll just buy the best and keep it until something better comes around or it breaks down. (My dad has an Aeron from when they first came out and it's still fine..) HM are well built :)

Thanks man. The speakers are Polk Audio R150s. Got them on sale last year sometime I think, for like $50. Great speakers, especially at that price. Also, yeah, they're hooked up to a receiver. It's sitting on the metal stand to the right of the desk, you just can't see it in any of the pics. It's an old Technics SA-GX170.

Like it quite a bit.. I'd say try it out in person though... it was $1400, but I plan on keeping it for a long-ass time... I figure instead of buying a shitty $100 chair every year, I'll just buy the best and keep it until something better comes around or it breaks down. (My dad has an Aeron from when they first came out and it's still fine..) HM are well built :)

in your opinion, hows the Embody compared to the Aeron?

Please delete the above post.. :)

Here is mine for 2009!

dsc06897.jpg

dsc06891w.jpg

dsc06890f.jpg

dsc06887.jpg

dsc06878o.jpg

Last edited:

About as clean as it'll get anytime soon... and the stand I made for the Tv... they were out of the matching wood at Ikea and needed to make a stand so I just took a white piece... it was only $5-7 if I remember so I'll get it replaced... I actually got the desk for free so I paid more for those little stands haha...

What interface is that you have up for browsing your movies? Is that some Media Center addon?

Hello all, first post here, i ve seen all ur workstaion photos as a guest and now its about time to post mine as an active member...;)

Last edited:
What interface is that you have up for browsing your movies? Is that some Media Center addon?

Yea it's called Media Browser.. and that's Windows 7 MC ... :D

It's all automatic, I just point it to a shared folder on my Server and it does the rest.

Here's my setup. Being in college, I can't afford the massive setups you guys have :p...but I love all my stuff and this corner in my room is just the right size to fit all of it. (please excuse the pile of junk in the cubby hole)

desk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back