Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dariuslatamus is that little Shuttle enough to power all that stuff ? What the hell do you have inside it ?

Thanks for the kind words :)

what are the specs of the system?

Well, I'm embarrassed to say that the system has got to be at least 4 years old now. Aside from the 4850 I put in it a month ago, the rest of the specs are to laugh at: P4 3.6Ghz, 2GB DDR, 300GB HD, 16x DVDR and I upgraded the power supply to 400W. The shuttle is a SB81P, I've been meaning to upgrade but I'm struggling whether to go SFF or get a tower. I haven't found a tower nicer than the TJ07 or the PC-X2000/PC-X500, so I'm trying to figure out what route to take.

dariuslatamus: I have to agree with everyone else saying you have a sick setup. I have a question though: what desk are you using or if it's a custom made desk care to give some dimensions? Thanks.

The desk is indeed custom; I have a local friend who buys/sells office furniture and I found this desk in his warehouse and it was exactly what I wanted. At first I was looking at getting a black desk, but I know dust shows very quickly on black, so I opted for this charcoal color and it seems to work really well with everything I got.

wow man, wow...! How long did it take you to set all that up? You're wall mounting is clean as hell.

Also, are those monitors 24" or 22" Dell's?

It's amazing! Truly a masterpiece of home design.

It did take a while to set it up, as you can imagine there is a ton of wires there and I HATE showing wires. I bought plastic cable tubing from Home Depot and painted them with the same color as my walls and ran the speaker wires + the poster light wires through them. The plastic tubing has strong double sided tape on the backside so you just stick it to the wall and you're done.

Those are 24" Dell 2407-FPW's.

Awesome. So much eye candy.

What kind of iPhone case is that?

The iPhone case is the iSkin Revo2. You can find it here: www.iskin.com

Wow nice setup! Hmm what is the black silver thing in the photo? Is it an external hdd case? Looks damn cool!

I think you're referring to the 4 silver/chrome rectangles? Those are Lacie Porsche Firewire External HD's. I have 2 of them hooked up to the Shuttle and the other 2 are hooked up to the Mac, although in the pictures the 2 on the left aren't hooked up to the Mac because I had to take the laptop to work yesterday; usually it's stationary and rarely ever moves.

- darius

I will say that if you get a tower, make it an PC-X500/2000. Either of those will be perfect in that room.

I will say that if you get a tower, make it an PC-X500/2000. Either of those will be perfect in that room.

That's what I'm thinking too. My only concern is that I won't be able to keep the tower on my desk as that would look awkward as well as block my right speaker. Under the desk is really the best option as that would free up space on my desk for other toys. I would just hate to see such a nice case tucked away in the shadows.

- darius

What about get some type of small cart or table to put next to your desk that will hold the tower?

I'll look into it. I have a large format Epson printer which is also missing from these pictures as I haven't quite figured out where to put it, so that's another riddle I need to solve.

Very nice setup dariuslatamus. The Antec P182 gunmetal tower would look very good I think, not to mention it's also one of most functional cases out there.

Very nice setup dariuslatamus. The Antec P182 gunmetal tower would look very good I think, not to mention it's also one of most functional cases out there.

Yes, I've looked at that case before. It definitely is a nice case, although it seems to be more of a mid tower case no? I'm just thinking of long term and I'm not sure if it's going to be big enough to house future upgrades. Of course, there's a ton of factors involved when picking out a case, price, size, versatility/flexability, etc, etc. I'm an advocate of trying to figure out all this crap before making my purchase. I'm still quite amazed that my Shuttle box has been with me for so many years and I find only the most extremely demanding games to challenge it. I mostly play EVE Online nowadays and prior to that I was a hardcore Guild Wars player of 4 years and both games run extremely well on my 4 year old system.

dariuslatamus: I have to agree with everyone else saying you have a sick setup. I have a question though: what desk are you using or if it's a custom made desk care to give some dimensions? Thanks.

Whoops, sorry forgot the dimensions for you:

71.75" (width) x 34.75" (depth) x 28.5" (height). It's fairly large compared to most desks but I seem to have made good use of the space.

- darius

Yea, some how those shuttles hold their own for quite some time. Gotta love them =)
And yea very cool i phone case sigh i really gotta work on my office haha.

dariuslatamus - :eek: now thats a nice looking room and setup, not one of those teenage bedrooms found in here thats for sure (before anyone has a go at me - some of those teenage bedrooms are also nice :p )

I love the Ikea cabinets with the lights in them for displaying models and figures. Pity the closest Ikea to me is about 1500km's away lol Therefore my own models and figures live in a big box out of sight for now :(

I felt I had to comment on your room after being a long time lurker in this thread and say how refreshing it is to see some style and taste with ones computer setup. Actually my Vaio TT in Red would look better than the Macbook in that setup - but thats my only issue...lol

:D

(now to get my own butt into gear and do something nice...)

edit: ok here is my little 'command centre'

3572482741_8563c1cce8_b.jpg

3573274402_5b4dc4a56f_b.jpg

3573273622_f1de7ac429_b.jpg

3572469557_029bb231de_b.jpg

Last edited:
dariuslatamus - :eek: now thats a nice looking room and setup, not one of those teenage bedrooms found in here thats for sure (before anyone has a go at me - some of those teenage bedrooms are also nice :p )

I love the Ikea cabinets with the lights in them for displaying models and figures. Pity the closest Ikea to me is about 1500km's away lol Therefore my own models and figures live in a big box out of sight for now :(

I felt I had to comment on your room after being a long time lurker in this thread and say how refreshing it is to see some style and taste with ones computer setup. Actually my Vaio TT in Red would look better than the Macbook in that setup - but thats my only issue...lol

:D

(now to get my own butt into gear and do something nice...)

Thanks, definitely not a teenager is right. I'm 28, and I do graphic design as a career. I've always been neat and love perfection and symmetry and I try to showcase that as much as I can in my work and in real life.

Ikea is great. What I find most appealing about their products is you can seldom use something from Ikea that it wasn't intended for. For instance, I considered buying one of their granite countertops to use as my computer desk.

You know what, I was actually considering sending my macbook to www.colorwarepc.com to have it painted a red colour, but I think I may hold off on that and do it on my next upgrade.

I've also been a long time lurker and I hardly ever post anything, and I'm usually checking out this thread or the "Show your LCD Setup" thread for inspiration. There are some pretty interesting setups, I'll give you that!

- darius

Nice looking rooms everyone.

This is my current setup after a little summer cleaning. I’ll be retiring this god awful table and purchasing an office set when I move into my new place that’s currently under construction.

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

This is my current setup after a little summer cleaning. I’ll be retiring this god awful table and purchasing an office set when I move into my new place that’s currently under construction.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e340/rufio1066/DSC00059.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e340/rufio1066/DSC00055.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e340/rufio1066/DSC00056.jpg

So you graduated from UNC, but you have a Florida State hat....???

Whats your degree in?

lol...I figured someone would comment on that discrepancy. The hat was a gift from my mother who went to FSU, plus I've always had a soft spot for them. I attended UNC Asheville double majoring in Business Admin. & Financial Accounting

DSC00059.jpg

nice. this reminds me of the old times when i had a simple setup and was happy with it. now i am on the [h] upgrade hellwagon with multiple monitors, sound systems, etc...the drug of choice, tinkering. can't get off of it :D

nice. this reminds me of the old times when i had a simple setup and was happy with it. now i am on the [h] upgrade hellwagon with multiple monitors, sound systems, etc...the drug of choice, tinkering. can't get off of it :D

It plaques everyone one, lucky me my car always has something wrong to fix. That piece isn't worth it but I have no other choice I'm 19. I love what I have because of the sole reason that I paid for all of it.

Last edited:
geekygirl_au, what keyboard is that?

What raudlfur said...lol

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard - I had been after one ever since they were released, got that one about 3 weeks ago :D

Love it - nice short keystrokes, just like a laptop keyboard only bigger

Okay defenitly need to post my workstation again, cause I moved and seeing all these rocken ones makes me need to post again.

I probably have one of the messiest desk here...

but I have an excuse! We are about to move... so I am not really trying to keep anything clean atm

3575076735_66fb139c5d_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back