Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speakers are some inexpensive yamahas. They sound pretty good, but all the punch comes from two 10" pioneer car subs under the desk. I think you can see them in the picture. Only trouble is, the noise knocks all kinds off things off the sheves of the closet upstairs. :D

The chairs are from a store called Bob's Discount. If you live in the New England area, it's a pretty common store. Cheap, only $300 or so per chair I think, but really comfy.

Nice Corona Extra banner, aqui y en el mundo la mejor cerveza es corona, nada con exceso todo con medida, lol jeje

thanks demon, the old red chair will be replaced by one of those bad boys from bob's. hopefully this week

My 2008 dorm/apartment setup

Computer Specs
E6600 @ 3.00 GHz
Zalman 9500
320 GB Sata Drives x2 (Raid 0)
320 GB External Drive
8800GTS 320mb
3 GB G-Skill Ram
Vista Business 64-bit

Monitor
LG 246W

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

somewhat clean setup, maybe a little wire management behind the desk. Also may i have a link to your background? Thanks.

Well guys after six long months of work and hardcore wiring and design planning my home office is finally taking
shape. I have pics of the before and after and boy does the after pics not do the room justice. I am not done totally
but I just had to show you all pictures of the office to come.

New items include:

-Base boards

-Thicker carpet

-Walls with texture on all walls

-In wall desk counter top with internal wall wiring.

-Pot lights in the desk area

-50in 1080P Samsung Plasma

-Cisco 7960G phones all over the whole house.

-Bose 201 Speakers in each corner of office (Only one pic of the speaker in one corner)

-Polk Audio Center Channel wired in wall under laptop desk area.

-New Polk Audio psw505 Sub woofer for extra boom with bass.

-Cat5e wiring around the entire house 18 jacks in total, central location for the file server, network equipment and
patch panel with al 18 ports on it. (Pics when completed.)

-Dell 3110cn Printer

-All new furniture including 2 Gliding chairs (not in picture, on order), New File cabinet (not in picture)
printer stand with all equipment tucked away in it including PS3, Pioneer Elite Receiver for 5.1, and finally Vista
Media center machine with internal wires all going to an HDMI switch which leads to the Plasma on the wall with
HDMI wiring inside walls. along with power line hard wired.

-Laptop desk under the Plasma with xps M1710 with 4gb ddr2 667 memory, T7600G, 7950GTX, 200GB 7200GB SATA.

-I also have the Lian Li Case under the new counter with 2x8800gt Sli Asus motherboard, 4gb pc ddr2 1066 memory,
q9450 ES, (look it up not out yet!)

-Finally I have a picture of my newest toy I am working on. I have a 10000GB or 10TB file server on the last pic
I have posted, all with hot swap drives and the works, 8gb of memory, and a qx6850 installed.

Please be gentle with your comments as I am still finishing minor details such as sealing the desk area, there
needs to be a bit of painting of the base boards and touch up on some areas that need new orange paint, all the
wiring coming down from the in closet desk will have hard wire power source for the monitors, and finally the linksys VPN
on the laptop desk will no longer be there as soon as the 18 port patch panel room is complete so everything is
hard wired to make the room sleek and clean. Basically waiting on my company to dispatch a Cisco VPN to complete
the entire network over here.

I will post 100% complete pics when this project is complete.

If you have any questions about how I remodeled this room, or if you have any comments about the room, or finally
any suggestions you have of the room I could better improve it I would love to know. Visit us at our company at
www.echovoice.com and simply shoot me an email direct at [email protected]. I thank everyone for any
comments or ideas they may have for the room.

HPIM0750.jpg

HPIM0751.jpg

HPIM0752.jpg

HPIM0753.jpg

HPIM0754.jpg

HPIM0756.jpg

HPIM0757.jpg

HPIM0759.jpg

HPIM0761.jpg

HPIM0762.jpg

HPIM0763.jpg

I just want to say hi to everyone on this website and I want to start off by showing off were I do all of my work and play. Home Office Complete! Take a Look Any Idea's Welcome too!

Finished hard wire on the monitors and ran USB to the monitors so I can use any USB device on the table top. If you notice the Cisco Phone is not hooked up yet as well I need to drill a small hole to run the ethernet and power to the phone. I will post pics of that when it is done.

HPIM0764.jpg

HPIM0765.jpg

HPIM0766.jpg

Thanks for looking and feel free to shoot me an email at the above or simple reply here with any question or concerns about anything related to anything in this office. Thanks.

hey Squidy how about i donate you a sata burner so you can get rid of that ide cable... it makes your setup look bad :(

a4bigturbo, your pics aren't showing. Try uploading them somewhere else, your setup sounds very nice.

somewhat clean setup, maybe a little wire management behind the desk. Also may i have a link to your background? Thanks.

Thanks for the comment, but i move every 3-4 months so it's a pain to do any cable management. As for the wallpaper just go to www.skins.be, as thats where I get my wallpapers.

hey Squidy how about i donate you a sata burner so you can get rid of that ide cable... it makes your setup look bad :(

I appreciate the offer but drives these days are inexpensive, I just need to order a sata burner the next time I am buying computer parts.

New one for 2008 :D

Last year: LG L204WT + Eizo L66 + Gateway MX7515 (gone to a better place) + Dell D420
roomar8.jpg

Early this year (school year last semester): Acer AL2423W + Samsung 204B + Dell 248WFP + Lenovo X61t
cimg2195ar1.jpg

Current: Got an arm for the Dell and a Gateway NX860XL to take with me to my study abroad over the summer and for linux coding in lab/library.
cimg2250ih1.jpg

cimg2251nd9.jpg

Also my roommate's. He's got a Sony SZ6 which he took to class.
cimg2252qp3.jpg

Here's mine, not really anything different than my post in 07. Only thing that has really changed is my video card, just got an 8800 GTS :D. *Edit* Fixed the sideways pics, sorry bout that *Edit*

DSCN0217-1.jpg

DSCN0210-1.jpg

DSCN0216.jpg

DSCN0212-1.jpg

DSCN0213.jpg

And anyone have any suggestions on how to mount this fan? The case wants 2 80's up there but I prefer my cooler master 120 (cause its quiet :D). Right now its on there with twisty ties

DSCN0215-1.jpg

Here's mine, not really anything different than my post in 07. Only thing that has really changed is my video card, just got an 8800 GTS :D. Sorry for the sideways pictures =(
*snip*

And anyone have any suggestions on how to mount this fan? The case wants 2 80's up there but I prefer my cooler master 120 (cause its quiet :D). Right now its on there with twisty ties

*snip*

I'd say as long as it stays put and doesn't make any noise there, that's fine, but a less ghetto option would be zip ties as opposed to twisty ties.

But ya know, whatever.

And is it really so hard to rotate those images in paint? seriously.

Haha yeah sorry bout the sideways pictures earlier, fixed now though...didn't think about it when I was posting =/. Thanks though for the fan advice, I don't know why it bugs me so much, just does ><

Yeah this motorcycle is my favorite Lego kit ever :D, all the mechanics work on it as well, the drive chain, the transmission, even the pistons turn. Best part is, I got it at the actual Lego store in Chicago.

Heres a better picture: although a little blurry =( stupid camera
DSCN0211.jpg

Finished hard wire on the monitors and ran USB to the monitors so I can use any USB device on the table top. If you notice the Cisco Phone is not hooked up yet as well I need to drill a small hole to run the ethernet and power to the phone. I will post pics of that when it is done.

Thanks for looking and feel free to shoot me an email at the above or simple reply here with any question or concerns about anything related to anything in this office. Thanks.

Sweet setup I like it alot. But it would be better not to put your subwoofer so close to your computer because magnets in the subwoofer can affect the computer.

Original post for this year.

This is from above post. How my setup was prior to a small change I made late last night!
dscf4005copyjq1.jpg

Now, how I have it currently, as of this morning about 2am EST.

dscf4111copyep7.jpg

I turned the shelf behind my chair 90degrees, and added a swinging shelf I had for the Jerker I'm using that couldn't be used on the desk itself! Ingenuity FTMFW!!!

Haha yeah sorry bout the sideways pictures earlier, fixed now though...didn't think about it when I was posting =/. Thanks though for the fan advice, I don't know why it bugs me so much, just does ><

Yeah this motorcycle is my favorite Lego kit ever :D, all the mechanics work on it as well, the drive chain, the transmission, even the pistons turn. Best part is, I got it at the actual Lego store in Chicago.

Heres a better picture: although a little blurry =( stupid camera
DSCN0211.jpg

Nice, I have the same one :p

Too much to list, but the left V1000 is the server, with a 17" for that and keyboard/mouse in the tray for now... A05 is the Q6600 Gaming/workstation with 24" and 19" widescreens attached + KRK V4's and a small mixer for those... and an Eee PC (which normally is behind the 19" when not in use)

Server will have 14 HDD's when I'm done... :eek: right now just 6...

I re-arranged my whole studio apartment. :p And finally bought a decent camera, Fuji F40fd. (Which I dont know how to use yet..)

1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

And a bonus pic, my shelf of weird stuff. :D

7.jpg

Ewottaja. very, very nice room you got there... I can't decide which part I like the best. I love how everything matches. Excellent work.

Thanks.;)

This is an awfully small apartment, so its pretty hard to make it look nice. And since im a student, I really can't go and buy anything too expensive.. :p

Hey Ewottaja,

What desk is that and what chair is that? Also those side tables where you get them all from?

ewottaja - nice setup

i have that antec case (sonata 3) also...can't get the front e-sata to work though...grrrrrr...how's your experience?

i like the clean look of the entire room!

http://lousyhero.com/blaze/sdesk108.jpg

Too much to list, but the left V1000 is the server, with a 17" for that and keyboard/mouse in the tray for now... A05 is the Q6600 Gaming/workstation with 24" and 19" widescreens attached + KRK V4's and a small mixer for those... and an Eee PC (which normally is behind the 19" when not in use)

Server will have 14 HDD's when I'm done... :eek: right now just 6...

hey how do you like teh Eee Laptop? my currrect '03 Laptop is a 7 pounder and I usualy hate carrying it around. I was looking at that. Just wondering if it is too small to not be a daily companion.

hey how do you like teh Eee Laptop? my currrect '03 Laptop is a 7 pounder and I usualy hate carrying it around. I was looking at that. Just wondering if it is too small to not be a daily companion.

I have massive hands, and I did some typing tests earlier, hit 100wpm on "frequent words" which is basically 60-70 words that are most commonly used. So typing isn't a big of a concern. Boots into XP in ~25 seconds, zero-noise as long as it gets ventiliation (so the fan stays off). It's just like any other laptop, just a lot smaller and with a lot less power...

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1236072 is the "Eee" thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back