Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya when my uncle was in the navy he hooked my pops up in the early 90's when he was stationed in europe. Recently my dad handed me over the stereo stuff when he got bose stuff for the living room. where the sony reciever is used to be a nice technics receivger but after 15 years of use it went so i bought the sony... the speakers are amazing... inputing 300 watts and with 14" inch subs make them the best 15 year old speakers i've ever heard..

most likely considering my reciever isnt like top line expensive i'll blow the reciever before the speakers

Nothing much, just some Logitech X-530's in my dorm.

310a239c.jpg

My setup. Soon to have a proper stereo amp. I'm running the bookshelves off my mx5021's amp/sub atm.
dsc002636ks.jpg

dsc002644ru.jpg

My setup:

Speakers: Martin Logan Summits - $11K
Preamp: Rotel RC1070
Amp: Rotel RB1070

DSC00322.jpg
DSC00314.jpg

DSC00339.jpg
DSC00347.jpg

DSC00352.jpg
DSC00342.jpg

Dont knock the room or the upstream equipment... I cant upgrade all at once. One at a time, step by step.

:)

they sound alright w/o a box

i been meaning to buy/build one but i been to lazy and i havent had time to

the speakers on the desk has a 200w built in amp in the casing thats how i been running them i cant find no decent amps to run em either

OC_LeGeND said:
they sound alright w/o a box

i been meaning to buy/build one but i been to lazy and i havent had time to

the speakers on the desk has a 200w built in amp in the casing thats how i been running them i cant find no decent amps to run em either

That little speaker has a 200w built-in amp? lol

Circuitbreaker8 said:
That little speaker has a 200w built-in amp? lol
its got an amp/amplifier in it or so the box sayes that they came in i wish i could get a hold of a 600-800w amp to push my 10`s even more

the 200w is enough to rattle picture frames off the wall on the other side of my room

OC_LeGeND said:
its got an amp/amplifier in it or so the box sayes that they came in i wish i could get a hold of a 600-800w amp to push my 10`s even more

the 200w is enough to rattle picture frames off the wall on the other side of my room

I hate to say this, but that speaker does not have a 200 watt amp. The thing would melt if it were pushing that kind of power in such a small casing. 600 to 800 watt is overkill, unless you plan on sinking the entire neighbourhood :p. I think if you have a decent receiver/amp powering those subs, and stick them in a case, it would sound worlds better. :)

hmmmm i dont think those Sony Xplods are hooked up to anything lol Like the user above said, there is no way theres an amp powerful enough to drive anything BUT those tiny speakers in there.

Its nice to be back from school and have my whole room again :)

pict0225large7ms.jpg

pict0226large1zh.jpg

pict0227large7ef.jpg

pict0228large4ji.jpg

Almost complete, all it needs is a Panasnoic PT-AE700 720p Projector to replace that shitty ass old TV.

killernoodle said:
That's an awesome room, I just dont like the old rugged couch :D, and do you just jump over the couch to get to your computer?

Nice room, but one question, how do you get in? lol both of the doors shown in the pictures look too small to fit through :p .

Yeah, it sucks to be 6'3" in my room, thats for sure. Rofl, no those are just doors to get to the attic around my room. They're useful for hiding shit that I dont wanna look at on my floor, so they are generally filled up like a trash dump.

I walk behind the futon to get to my pc, my door is another 68' or so from the end of the futon. This room sits over a 1 car and a 2 car garage, so its pretty damn big. I dont really like the setup, I might put the futon in front of the computer so everything is inline with the speaker setup.

And dont knock on the futon, I bought it and a pair of abercrombie jeans from my friend for $40, all I had to do was replace the backrest and seat with pieces of plywood and weld the frame back together. Its really comfy :) And trust me, that futon gets all the ladies... :p

lol, I was about to say, wow those look expensive, they probably came from a theater that closed down and retails for 2 grand but now only 200 bucks.... lol :p Well, it only matter that they sound good to YOU.... and they probably sound better than bose heheheh

aZn_plyR said:
lol, I was about to say, wow those look expensive, they probably came from a theater that closed down and retails for 2 grand but now only 200 bucks.... lol :p Well, it only matter that they sound good to YOU.... and they probably sound better than bose heheheh

haha yea that what alot of ppl think, but they do sound ALOT better than bose so thats all that matters, and BTW i only got them for $75

viper92086 said:
haha yea that what alot of ppl think, but they do sound ALOT better than bose so thats all that matters, and BTW i only got them for $75

Better than bose? Not much of an accomplishment :D

BSOD4U,

I think I recognize your setup.... looks to me like you're theEar from the Klipsch forums! I can put money on it that you are!

Though, even if you're not... nice setup!

Someone to give my setup a challenge! I see you got a couply of Dynaudios there and a pair of Klipsch RF7 in the back with some Klipsch RB-5 bookshelves on top. I see you are showing your Sunfire True Signature subwoofer along with the three amigos - the RSW10, RSW12, and RSW15. Not to mention the Sennheiser HD600 to the left of your setup.

Half the people on this board probably dont know how much money is in that setup.... I would hazard to guess about atleast $20,000 in retail.

Now, you need to move up to the Dynaudio Temptations along with dual Velodyne DD1812 subwoofers for that next level shiznit.....

JP.

Nice set up broham.... good job with the speaker choices.

Joey

OMG!!!!!! a single speaker from your system cost more than my whole setup! Very nice, btw why so many subwoofers? And are you also the guy from avsforum that posted those subs in a pyramid too?

Pinipig523 said:
BSOD4U,

I think I recognize your setup.... looks to me like you're theEar from the Klipsch forums! I can put money on it that you are!

i was thinking the same thing lol!

The Contour S3.4's are $7000 CANADIAN or a modest $5500 US.These are not my largest Dynes,as I have the S5.4 comming up and the 3.3's. The S5.4's are $8000 US. My 3.3's I paid $8000 Canadian a few years back.. Eh not PC speaker cheap you know :eek:

BSOD4U2 said:
The Contour S3.4's are $7000 CANADIAN or a modest $5500 US.These are not my largest Dynes,as I have the S5.4 comming up and the 3.3's. The S5.4's are $8000 US. My 3.3's I paid $8000 Canadian a few years back.. Eh not PC speaker cheap you know :eek:

That's some expensive stuff.... w00t!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back