Post your "rate my cables" here

28h3pm0.jpg

So fresh and so clean clean!

Will be picking up a sata dvd burner this week end so will not see that old IDE cable and reroute a wire or to

Not a bad job on the deck plate polish Nuke. Not sure why you have your unused PSU cables going up to the expansion bays though.

It's so awesome to see all the good ol' threads still running after taking such a long Hiatus.

I've got an amazing case mod about to get underway that I can't wait to share including some wiring ideas that might make you rethink things a little. ;)

computer.jpg

CPUcooler.jpg

Gcard.jpg

My main gripe is that the IO cables aren't long enough to route behind the motherboard tray. Would be nice if I could find something similar to my the braided lines from my fans/power supply.

Is this a Lian-Li PC-G7B ?

I have that case and i'm wondering what's the longest GFX card that would fit in it? For example a GTX 480 or HD5870 would be a problem? I currently have 8800GTS 512 and there's only 3~ cm space left. (roughly speaking)

Last edited:
15qul3o.jpg

Needs a bit of work. You can see the SSD sitting on its side in the 5.25" drive bay. Needs a longer power cable.

IMG]http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2862/cimg1480.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6505/cimg1477.jpg[/IMG]

That mount looks like it works pretty well in there. Unfortunately mine didn't come with one and i didn't want to have to buy one separately. Just need an excuse to buy something else to go with it :D

Very nice setups.............Im trying to 'hide' some cables myself............anyone know if its ok to 'cut' the extra 'molex' connectors off one of the cables that plugs into the PSU? Its 1 cable with 3 molex's, I just need 1 and wanna cut the other 2 since I dont need them?

I cut a bunch off my old PSU, but I regretted it later when I wanted to add another drive. Just make sure you leave some extras for later add-ons. I didn't and I kicked myself for it.

I finally got some pics of my Coolermaster CM Stacker wiring:
coolermaster01.jpg

My philosophy is why hide the wiring when you can show it off!! One of the nice thing about the CM Stacker case is all the spare threaded holes all over the place --makes it real easy to mount cable clamps!

Here's a closeup of the SATA cables:
coolermaster02.jpg

And lastly you can see the very small amount of cable hiding:
coolermaster03.jpg

I use dual PSU's in this case and needed an ATX motherboard power splitter to allow me to turn both of them on at the same time. I mounted the connector to the chassis and found this to be the best way to position the cables. You can see some teflon tape used as the harness passes over a somewhat sharp edged corner of the mobo tray.

I hope you all like it. It's been a long time coming!

Did you glue all of those sata cables in?

I sure did. I drop a dab of hot glue on every connection in a machine I have to ship now. Don't worry, a little bit of pressure from you hand is all it needs to disconnect again --it's not like super or gorilla glue...

That's actually not a bad idea. I've seen hot glue holding connections in other electronics together a ton of times. But if you're going to be shipping the system, wouldn't it be better to just put everything in an original box and put all the boxes in one big box? Unless the system is intended for someone who has absolutely no clue about how to assemble a computer. :p

Are those tiny fans on the left side of the hard drives? or are my eyes deceiving me.

That's actually not a bad idea. I've seen hot glue holding connections in other electronics together a ton of times. But if you're going to be shipping the system, wouldn't it be better to just put everything in an original box and put all the boxes in one big box? Unless the system is intended for someone who has absolutely no clue about how to assemble a computer. :p

Yeah, I normally ship "turn-key" systems for people that would rather not have to do any assembling.

Are those tiny fans on the left side of the hard drives? or are my eyes deceiving me.

Yes, those are tiny little fans. They come integrated into the removable drive bays I purchased.

TJ07, specs at bottom.

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

Specs:

Core i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz
Asus P6X58D Premium
12GB G.Skill RipJaws @ 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24
Asus 5870 1GB
2 X WD 500GB RE RAID 0