Post Your Oblivion ScreenShots

DasFox

Limp Gawd
Ok this was around 10 hours of work getting the hang of this thing, because I wanted to make a real pretty looking Elf.

Well please tell me people did I succeed?

Here name is Dalania, you pronouce that as --> Dah * Lah * Nee * Ah

Spoken one syllable at a time to say it correctly.

http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot16nx.jpg
http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot22hn.jpg

I noticed a few jaggies in the face, but I read somwhere to use HDR instead of AA, any thoughts on that?

ALOHA

To be honest the graphics don't look that great on the face, the face looks messed up. I'm getting my xbox 360 version tommorow, I hope its good. :cool:

I think you did a pretty good job on the face considering how hard it is to make a female that doesnt look male. Did you download the face mod that came out? Makes the faces much nicer by using higher res textures (or thats what I think it does).

dj_2004 said:
I think you did a pretty good job on the face considering how hard it is to make a female that doesnt look male. Did you download the face mod that came out? Makes the faces much nicer by using higher res textures (or thats what I think it does).

I gotta find this mod... I spent about 10-15 mins working on my chars face before I gave up, it still ended up looking like some hideous creature spawned in chernobyl.

/337 said:
To be honest the graphics don't look that great on the face, the face looks messed up. I'm getting my xbox 360 version tommorow, I hope its good. :cool:

The graphics are as good as it gets in the game, messed up, what's messed up? That screenshot was taken on a SLI box running two 7900GT Nvidia cards.

You don't get better graphics then a 7900GT, LOL ;)

We aren't doing 3D model work here, the graphics are the way they are, all you can do is shape, mold and tone it.

It's just that it's not easy to take a screenshot I have noticed in the game. You're always either dealing with light or shadows bouncing off the face.

I didn't use any face mod, I just spent some serious hours in front of this thing.

I've been playing with getting a feel for the lighting, I'll try to get a better shot and see how it looks, plus I have a AA disabled, because I read it's better to use the HDR.

Oh and if your talking about the tint, yellowish hue in the face, that is because she's starting at the sunset, making her face look that color, again, lighting is a trick to getting a good screenshot in this game.

Well incase any of you are interested, here's the face mod. (Link) I actually liked v.5 better but I suggest giving them both a try. It only upgrades the face textures, not make a face for you. Can be added anytime.

Cool is it really much better, also how can you at anytime in the game edit the face?

THANKS

DasFox said:
The graphics are as good as it gets in the game, messed up, what's messed up? That screenshot was taken on a SLI box running two 7900GT Nvidia cards.

You don't get better graphics then a 7900GT, LOL ;)

We aren't doing 3D model work here, the graphics are the way they are, all you can do is shape, mold and tone it.

It's just that it's not easy to take a screenshot I have noticed in the game. You're always either dealing with light or shadows bouncing off the face.

The graphics are still pretty bad, but it's just oblivion, not the face you made. Everyone in this game looks like a mutant and much older games have better details on the faces. Cyrodil is clearly the trailer park of their world... It looks a bit better modded, but there is only so much you can do.

I think she looks good, there is only so much you can do with that face editor.

I made a green skinned dark elf that ended up looking a lot like kif on futurama, I'll have to take some screenshots when I get home.

Well is there a way to bring up the face editor any time in the game? I'd like to work some more on her, I have some better ideas for making her look even better.

THANKS

DasFox said:
Well is there a way to bring up the face editor any time in the game? I'd like to work some more on her, I have some better ideas for making her look even better.

THANKS

"1) use the ` key (same as ~) to bring up the console and type ShowRaceMenu
2) Make changes to your looks. I have not tested this with race changes.
3) *DO NOT CLICK DONE!* Instead, hit ESC and save your game into a new save slot
4) Hit ESC again and load your new saved game."
I'm not responsible if this somehow messes your character up. Worked fine for me and others if you follow the steps.

Also new version of the face mod is released (v.7).

character26ow.jpg

My guy. ;)

Back