Post your "Ghetto Mod" pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 96510
  • Start date
One of my test setups when I got my 10K Rpm Cheetahs,
pc_fan.jpg

new_drives.jpg

win2k3.jpg

ghettomod.txt

Awhile back I broke a 370 socket heatsink fan for my 600mhz celeron. Soo this is what I made up with a stock P4 fan laying around.
biggrin.gif

Looks kinda dangerous.... Don't you think?

ghettomod2.txt

(Now it's in my case!)
Wow my mom's camrea takes crappier pictures then mine does.

KoZLop said:
[mg]http://www.geocities.com/napsterguy12/ghettomod.txt[/img]

Awhile back I broke a 370 socket heatsink fan for my 600mhz celeron. Soo this is what I made up with a stock P4 fan laying around.
biggrin.gif

Finger-Chopper brand HSF?

KoZLop said:
http://www.geocities.com/napsterguy12/ghettomod.txt

biggrin.gif

4 Foodstamps for lethalness.

WS6 said:
One of my test setups when I got my 10K Rpm Cheetahs,
pc_fan.jpg

new_drives.jpg

win2k3.jpg

Oh man not only did you just admit you still use Packard Hell equipment you photographed it for us to laugh at.................that has got to be worth at least 4 for using some ghetto ass shit for it's time, still using said gheeto as shit, and then showing everyone you are using it :p

Spectre said:
Oh man not only did you just admit you still use Packard Hell equipment you photographed it for us to laugh at.................that has got to be worth at least 4 for using some ghetto ass shit for it's time, still using said gheeto as shit, and then showing everyone you are using it :p

Ya, it's only the monitor, the PC is a dual proc 450 with an Asus board.
It's now installed in the garage with a Compaq monitor and I use it to burn chips for cars as well as surf the net while taking a break on my projects. It's also cool to be able to look stuff up while in the garage and not have to come inside.

Damn dude clean your keyboard rotf. 1 food stamp just for that dirtee azz grimy azz crustee azz keeboad.

[ Karandras69 ] - Dug up some old pictures of modding with no money back in the day or slotted cpus ;-)
Lovin' the blowers and a lot of hot glue:

I had a really good one but can't find it :(

G-h-e-t-t-o....

3.5 foodstamps. + 1 Old school bonus = 4.5 foodstamps

[ theshadow27 ] these are from my " reply... just the highlights

the speakers are under my feet, so i kick them around alot... the guards kept falling off. as you can see, i didnt even put the right one on the correct way. the subwoofer was a royal bitch, i have used ductape, clear ductape, eclectrical tape, masking tape (all of the remains you can see lol) and it still falls off every once in a while. its current configuration has been working out pretty good though.
ghetto4.jpg

Holy shit.
You my friend are ghetto......and everything you touch,....turns to ghetto. I am giving out my first 4.9 for the whole thing, but particularly the most ghetto subwoofer/speaker I have ever seen in my life.

4.9 foodstamps

theshadow27 said:
these are from my "post your workstation " reply... just the highlights

i stuck my finger in this fan one to many times:
ghetto1.jpg

damn clock kept falling off the wall:
ghetto2.jpg

i wore off the fake wood by my keyboard from too much CS, so i made an electrical tape wrist pad:
ghetto3.jpg

the speakers are under my feet, so i kick them around alot... the guards kept falling off. as you can see, i didnt even put the right one on the correct way. the subwoofer was a royal bitch, i have used ductape, clear ductape, eclectrical tape, masking tape (all of the remains you can see lol) and it still falls off every once in a while. its current configuration has been working out pretty good though.
ghetto4.jpg

As for that, that is dirty south right there. 5 foodstamps

JL_Audio_User said:
Holy shit.
You my friend are ghetto......and everything you touch,....turns to ghetto. I am giving out my first 4.9 for the whole thing, but particularly the most ghetto subwoofer/speaker I have ever seen in my life.

4.9 foodstamps

I second this 4.9. The holy trinity of tape over use, masking, packing and duct. Our lady of the ghetto pray for us...

One comment about duct tape: As some one mentioned, that shiz haint cheap! 6-9 bucks for a roll. Packing tape is a bit cheaper especially because we all steal it from work. Now masking tape, that is what the french call Le Chep Ahs, barely a buck for some half inch crap.

gagh where did i put those pictures of an CM Athlon HSF installed on my K6-2 with fuse wire. :mad:

Lazaryn said:
You're complaining about the Packard Hell? It's Windows Server 2003...

No personal Windows 2003 experience......or XP Pro 64 either stupid license not activating......oops now I have said too much :eek:

KoZLop said:
ghettomod.txt

biggrin.gif

napster.txt

(Now it's in my case!)
lmfao now that is deff ghetto ^_^

Thanks all for the food stamps! i need them to do more moding :D

im apirate said:
As for that, that is dirty south right there.
Actually, I am in Fairfax county Va which is one of the richest in the us. this is entirely my parents fault, and i like to remind them how gangsta i am. although most would consider me white, inside i am the color of the night. strait up G d to the ogg. besides, im saving for collage :)rolleyes: psh yeah right, im saving for a porsche...)

urbsnspices said:
One comment about duct tape: As some one mentioned, that shiz haint cheap! 6-9 bucks for a roll.
This is true, but only when your not from da real ghetto. to explain, here is the real deal, inside scoop, cetera...

ghettop.jpg

:eek: thats what i thought. total cost... dirt cheap.

the Altec Lansing speakers came with my dad's first "real" computer (i dont consider 486 a computer, its more of an oversized TI89) way back in the 90's (anybody remember that? last century? so yesterday). it came with a 19" CRT monitor that i still use (LCDs aint ghetto, unless you steal them from the defects bin at the factory (which must be in Compton)). the speakers came with a USB cable and software that hasnt worked since windows 95, and so i had to hack it up to control the sub volume separately.

the other speakers are from a brief jaunt into surround sound, i bough them off the "returned open" (and so uber discounted) shelf at micro center... then attached them to my chair using bungee cords. but after the wire wrapped a couple of times around the wheels in my seat (the only way for me to get out of my chair is to swivel 180 degrees so i dont step on any of my shit) i gave up and shoved them under my desk. their still there, and i have *almost* 4.1 surround.

just thought you guys would like to know ;)

urbsnspices said:
Packing tape is a bit cheaper especially because we all steal it from work.

on my old computer i used the first class packing tape that they have lying around at the post office... partially because i dont work and partially because i dont pay taxes

well, here is a pretty ghetto one..

my mobo died recently and i RMA'd it... so i get it back and start putting the hsf on, they put the stock mounting brackets back on it and removed my brackets for my SLK-900U (my fault for not removing it) so i said fuck it, found some machine screws that were like 8 inches long, dremmel'd them off so they fit and so far it works.

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

here's my 9700 PRO HSF on a GF3Ti500 ( I think) the gf3 used to be watercooled and I didn't have the origional HSF from it, SO i implemented, I had to alter the heatsink with a hacksaw. It was origonally symetrical, but i had to cut the right side of because it was hitting the ramsinks.
6.jpg

:D

=lks= ka druma said:
My homage to Ghetto.

LKS

haha, that's totally off an abit IS7 series board (one i use) yea, that fan made some mad grinding noises, when i RMA'd it for another problem (no post no matter what) they automatically replaced it without me even mentioning anything about the fan, <3 abit on that one :)

I oiled the back of it before i mounted it so its nice and quiet. I couldn't believe the little piece of aluminum that they used for the HS. The ghetto one (shown) is a hacked to size stock intel job(cpu hs) that is ziptied to the mounts also.

LKS

Who has the most stamps on this thread? I got me 10.3. What can I get with 10.3 food stamps anyways?

Also, can a submitter of a mod award stamps to other contestants?

Disarray said:
Who has the most stamps on this thread? I got me 10.3. What can I get with 10.3 food stamps anyways?

Also, can a submitter of a mod award stamps to other contestants?

10.3 is your grand total. The awards are 1-5 foodstamps per qualified mod.
Wolfofsin would have to verify, but I dont believe transferring of foodstamps is permitted. (too difficult to keep track) What if Ghettomod stickers were made and sent to top scorers? would someone want his stamps back after he gave em' up? too complicated.
Again, wolfofsin will chime in on this one.

The ultimate is a perfect 5 score. (I've not given one out yet)

[ Morazl ] - well, here is a pretty ghetto one..

my mobo died recently and i RMA'd it... so i get it back and start putting the hsf on, they put the stock mounting brackets back on it and removed my brackets for my SLK-900U (my fault for not removing it) so i said fuck it, found some machine screws that were like 8 inches long, dremmel'd them off so they fit and so far it works.

here's my 9700 PRO HSF on a GF3Ti500 ( I think) the gf3 used to be watercooled and I didn't have the origional HSF from it, SO i implemented, I had to alter the heatsink with a hacksaw. It was origonally symetrical, but i had to cut the right side of because it was hitting the ramsinks.

Thats some "Ghetto McGyver" shit right there!

3.2 foodstamps

keyboard was fux0ring up.. keys were sticking, it was all nasty and a generic piece of shit to begin with..
sorry about size (and quality!)...
First pic:
once I got the base off, I discovered that one of my tie thingies wouldn't fit thru the damn hole! so I took the screw driver and did some hand-drilling action..
http://www.intensecs.com/other/DSCF0081.JPG

set up to go! look how clean it is! and still 100% functional! AsdF!!11!1!!!

http://www.intensecs.com/other/DSCF0082.JPG

fun with zip ties!! lol

ghetto.JPG

I know... what a mess... but there's a lot of stuff in there... 5 hard drives, 2 DVDs, and more fans than I can count on one hand. heh... it's my old gaming rig now turned file server. :)

Spectre said:
oh, so Packard Bell is ghetto now? oh, going 1337 with the Monitor, Keyboard, Mosue, and Printer, and Drives, HDD, CD-R.
Packard Bell representing!
P1010067.jpg

P1010062.jpg

P1010068.jpg

now what?

Kaiga said:
oh, so Packard Bell is ghetto now? oh, going 1337 with the Monitor, Keyboard, Mosue, and Printer, and Drives, HDD, CD-R.
Packard Bell representing!

now what?

Not ghetto now...always was ghetto :p

Here's mine, copied out of my like 4 month old post about it.

I was looking at my FX 5200 and noticed that the cooler is little more than a cage holding the fan in place, and decided to upgrade it... I pretty much make my mods up as I go along. I had a bunch of old parts laying around, and took an old p1 low profile heatsink.
ghettocool001.jpg

Upon further examination, I noticed that there were some fins on the back that were preventing the heatsink from actually touching my GPU.
ghettocool002.jpg

I didn't have a grinder, so I thought my project was shot... after about 15 minutes I realized that my house has a very massive grinding stone built into it... my concrete front porch. So I took my heatsink outside and spent about 45 minutes filing it down against the steps, the result...
ghettocool003.jpg

I ran into another problem mounting it, I didn't have any way to bolt it on... I ended up lashing it in place with a guitar string, and it worked quite well. I put a peice of duct tape on the backside where the string went just in case it would short out anything.
ghettocool004.jpg

ghettocool005.jpg

I was originally going to use a 40mm fan I had laying around but then came across an old friend of mine, my old p3
ghettocool006.jpg

Hope it works...
ghettocool007.jpg

A perfect fit :)
Looks rather nice installed too.
ghettocool008.jpg

As quoted from Virginia's Food Stamp Rules : (

Penalties For Food Stamp Program Violations
You must not give false information or hide information to get food stamps. You must not trade or sell the EBT card or your PIN. You must not allow a retailer to debit your EBT account in exchange for cash. You must not change EBT cards to get food stamps you are not eligible to receive. You must not use food stamps to buy non-food items, such as alcohol, tobacco or paper products. You must not use someone else's food stamps or EBT card for your household.

Anyone intentionally breaking any of these rules could be barred from receiving food stamps for 12 months (1st violation); barred for 24 months (2nd violation); barred permanently (3rd violation); subject to $250,000 fine, imprisoned up to 20 years, or both; suspended for an additional 18 months and further prosecuted under other federal and state laws.

Anyone who intentionally gives false information or hides information about identity or residence to get food stamps in more than one household at the same time could be barred for 10 years.

Anyone convicted of trading food stamps for a controlled substance could be barred from receiving food stamps for 24 months (1st violation) and barred permanently (2nd violation).

Anyone convicted of trading food stamps for firearms, ammunition, or explosive could be barred permanently (1st violation).

Anyone convicted for trading or selling food stamps of $500 or more could be barred permanently.

Anyone convicted of a drug-related felony committed after August 22, 1996, could be barred permanently.

Wow. the fine thing is just dumb. If you do need foodstamps, obviously you cant pay the money.

shit, i cant buy ammo with foodstamps?

screw it then, ill have to steal bullets... you gotta play CS somehow :p

My new addition to my computer cooling!.

That ius my poor duct taping job, and it fel off...its a pretty strong fan for its size. So its power ratio is pretty high.

re ducted on and its going good.

Cardboard and duct tape is a modders best friend. This little number has gotten me a +10C drop on all my case temps, and has allowed me to OC my GPU 10 mhz more. I gain 147 3d marks vs stock speeds. It should work even better in the winter. :D
ductsm.jpg

The three phases of my laptop cooler. Last summer, my laptop was sitting flat on my desk and would overheat and shut off when gaming. I couldn't have this, hence phase 1:

Larson2042-11.jpg

Yes, those are erasers. It worked, though it was hard to slide my laptop around if I wanted it closer or further away from me. Hence, phase 2:

Larson2042-21.jpg

Larson2042-22.jpg

Larson2042-23.jpg

The two fans were scavanged from a broken switch, and the power comes from a usb extension cable I had. However, the wires had a tendancy to come unplugged, so once the cardboard had self destructed, I decided to upgrade one last time:

Larson2042-31.jpg

Larson2042-32.jpg

So, that's the current state of affairs, but not quite as ghetto as before. It works really well, too. After I made the cardboard one, my laptop stayed noticeably cooler than before.

for the first 2 mods I'll throw a couple of food stamps at you: 2 foodstamps

it would be 3, but the way coolness and cleanness of the third iteration* knock it down.
by the way, I really like that third laptop 'dock'...

-skud

* i like big words

Ghetto CPU Duct.

I needed epoxy for another mod, so I opened the tube and only had one Mix-Tray left. I noticed the tube was metal, I painted it a crappy black ( only one coat ,1337?!) ground down the edge and cut the bottom, Cut a hole in the side panel of one of my Folding Farm rigs, added a filter, and epoxied the tube on.
She runs way cooler.

dsc00327.jpg

dsc00326.jpg

dsc00328.jpg

dsc00330.jpg

Also here is a Ghetto case mod.

Before.

DSC00257.jpg

after

dsc00309.jpg

dsc00302.jpg

dsc00299.jpg