Post your 6800 GT OC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
poonking said:
Man am I ever pissed :mad: I bought this card after reading all of the posts about how well it overclocks. I am so dissapointed that it can't do more than this.

Anything over this and Far Cry will just die on me.

Can't really even send it back..I am in Canada and ordered it online from the US.

if your feeling daring, some guys are flashing their GT bios with a modified one that runs 1.4 volt, not the stock 1.3. One fellow only did 370 max OC, but did 410 after the flash. His temps went up a bit due to more voltage, and it's always a risk flashing the bios, so be warned.

some yields are different than others. it has nothing to do with pny, BFG, or eVga since they all come from the same place. My eVga does 415/1150 nice and steady, so i am leaving it alone.

just as long as you have a PCI video card you should be able to flash back without issues.

after a bad flash i did a blind flash with mine. now that was fun. :p

Got my eVGA at 400/1110. Power supply is a generic 400watt (it came with the case and now I'm outta money). Coolbits 2.0 is the utility I'm using for the clocking. It can probably go higher but I haven't done more than a few reps of the autodetect settings thing, I'll push it a bit in the next few days.

Poonking, my eVGA has exactly the same problem. Anything over 370/1.05, and it hangs. Temps arent even that high, I dont know what I'm going to do. I certainly dont want to wait two weeks for a new card, with doom 3 coming out next week.

spite said:
Poonking, my eVGA has exactly the same problem. Anything over 370/1.05, and it hangs. Temps arent even that high, I dont know what I'm going to do. I certainly dont want to wait two weeks for a new card, with doom 3 coming out next week.

Wait till a week after youve finished Doom 3 ;)

Looks like I will be taking off my heatsink, and squirting AS3 in every direction. I tried the mod BIOS that increases the voltage by .1V, and it lets me apply a higher setting in the control panel, but it still hangs when I run 3dmark.

Point of View 6800GT 256MB (Samsung 2ns chips)
max clocked it at 420/1150 MHz (running 3dmark01/03 nature demos for few hours without artefacts)

Leadtek 6800 GT, running at Ultra speeds (400/1100) for now... ;)
Waiting for my waterblock to begin the fun with it :D

zombie10k said:
if your feeling daring, some guys are flashing their GT bios with a modified one that runs 1.4 volt, not the stock 1.3.

Has anyone tried this on a BFG 6800 GT OC?

and do u have a link?

PNY 6800 GT 392/1000, however, coolbits detected my optimal settings to be 354/1000, I manually tested it all the way to 392/1000. What gives ???

Everything in my system seems stable ?? Advice ?

ForceWare 61.76

BFG: 425/1150 stable but power throttling with my 350w ps limits it, 415/1100 is my prime area for my card right now

My advice would be to stop worrying about OCing this card. Run it at stock settings, it will live longer and the performance will still be great. I'm undoing my OC when I get home from work today.

Sc0ttFern said:
PNY 6800 GT 392/1000, however, coolbits detected my optimal settings to be 354/1000, I manually tested it all the way to 392/1000. What gives ???

Everything in my system seems stable ?? Advice ?

ForceWare 61.76

If it works at 392 then it works. The autodetect is known to be bit flaky, sometimes giving huge numbers (600/1400 I saw once :D ) and other times give low numbers (150, 500). So just go with what works

I'm no extreme overclocker and will be running my card at stock, but I did try ultra speeds for about 10 min in rthdribl and experienced no problems card was hitting about 80c. I then did about 3 tests of 3dmark03 and scored 10802 highest. No artifacts with Ultra speeds. My idle temps seem to be burning in and are getting lower and lower the more I test, they started about 64 and are now down to 56c.

spite said:
Looks like I will be taking off my heatsink, and squirting AS3 in every direction. I tried the mod BIOS that increases the voltage by .1V, and it lets me apply a higher setting in the control panel, but it still hangs when I run 3dmark.

AS3?... heh... I ONLY burnt 9500 pro with it.. :p The capacitive nature is awesome on GPU. I recommend shin etsu or ceramique. (The other 2 were 9700 pro volt modded too high was running like champ though... and 9800 pro physically damaged :p)

So far i've gotten to 430/1200 w/ 83-84C temps after 5-10mins of that HDR demo thing. Should I keep going to see what I can hit? going from 420 to 430 didn't raise my temps much at all... i don't wanna break anything though. :p I don't plan on running it this high either... i just kinda wanna see what I can hit.

I have a bfg gt oc by the way...

yea... i think around 430/1215 is my limit... i'm gonna put it at around 420/11something.

BigJavy said:
So far i've gotten to 430/1200 w/ 83-84C temps after 5-10mins of that HDR demo thing. Should I keep going to see what I can hit? going from 420 to 430 didn't raise my temps much at all... i don't wanna break anything though. :p I don't plan on running it this high either... i just kinda wanna see what I can hit.

I have a bfg gt oc by the way...

I would run it longer than that to see what your temp is. I would say at least 15mins or so if not more like 30.

hrm k... i just stopped once it had sat on one temp for a while... it was late and i was too impatient to wait any longer :-P I have it at 420/1150 or somethin like that now. I just wish my mobo had some more memory dividers (or I wish I had money to buy faster ram) so i could get a little more speed outta my ram. :(

jinu117 said:
AS3?... heh... I ONLY burnt 9500 pro with it.. :p The capacitive nature is awesome on GPU. I recommend shin etsu or ceramique. (The other 2 were 9700 pro volt modded too high was running like champ though... and 9800 pro physically damaged :p)

That is an excellent point (and true). Also don't forget about AS5. It does not have the same conductive nature as AS3.

zombie10k said:
if your feeling daring, some guys are flashing their GT bios with a modified one that runs 1.4 volt, not the stock 1.3. One fellow only did 370 max OC, but did 410 after the flash. His temps went up a bit due to more voltage, and it's always a risk flashing the bios, so be warned.

some yields are different than others. it has nothing to do with pny, BFG, or eVga since they all come from the same place. My eVga does 415/1150 nice and steady, so i am leaving it alone.

Where can I get this at??

I don't know why people bash PNY. I have a PNY from compusa and it far exceeds my expectations for OC and stability. The only gripe is the new PNY 6800GT have a 6800 only heatsink sticker. This has been confirmed by tech support. Apparently the fools slap on the 6800 stickers on the 6800gt boards.

Here's my OC info:

PNY 6800gt
OC @ 423 MHz/1180 MHz with stock cooling
Idle = 54, after 1 hour of doom 3 = 66
Stable so far for hours of doom 3 and several tests of 3dmark03
3dmark03 score 12300 (with all tests checked).

P4 2.6GHz @ 3.12 GHz HT enabled
Asus P4c800-E deluxe latest BIOS revision.
1GB xms 3200 RAM
Tekram U160 SCSI + Quatum 10GB U160, 10K rpm; Maxtor 200GB HD
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

eVGA 6800 GT running stable at 415/1130. air cooled. 54C idle, 72C under load.

AS5 on the core/memory and a vantec spectrum 2 slots under it for additional airflow.

evga @ 400/1100.

I can't get it to go any higher without it being unstable.

I guess I can settle for ultra speeds. :D

My auto-detect isn't working I guess. I can only get 379 1.03 when I do it. Its a bfg 6800 gt. Weird. I was so frustrated yesterday when I got it b/c I thought it was going to be awesome. I only got it up to 390 1.10. Can someone help me out?

P4 3.0-->3.3 Ghz
2 GB crucial pc3200 ram.
soyo MB 875P SY-P4I875P
BFG 6800 Gt 256mb
Sound blaster audigy 2 ZS
Maxtor 160 gb 6Y160M0 SATA
ANTEC TRUE CONTROL550W

w/ my leadtek 6800GT gets around 416/1.12(thats the max on the ram, anything above fails nvidias "test", might use a different program to try higher). i might bet a bit higher on the core, but it artifacts at 420, so i just droped it 4 mhz. anywhay, that is high enough, as i can run Doom 3 at 16*12 on high w/8xAA(auto enabled) and 4xAF(im particularly annoyed by jagies)

PNY 6800GT @ 415/1200 Stock Cooling - DOOM3 Stable
I think it's the first time I've bought something from CompUSA since they were SoftWarehouse 15 years ago here in DFW.

|DRC| Rarek said:
Did anyone else get the bfg card with the 2 fans instead of just 1? How is it working for you?

I have said card and so far it works fantastic. I was worried about it being too loud and not cooling very well, but so far it is quiet and cool. I havn't overclocked at all yet however.

I also have the new BFG GT only running @ ultra speeds with no problem. However, I do live in TX and am going to wait til it cools down a bit before I try to go any higher.

Fluke said:
PNY 6800GT @ 415/1200 Stock Cooling - DOOM3 Stable
I think it's the first time I've bought something from CompUSA since they were SoftWarehouse 15 years ago here in DFW.

Damn, I'm telling you guys: PNY cards are very overclockable. From just casual observation thus far, I think PNY cards have very high core/memory overclockability. Then there are a few PNY that OC like crap. But that is the same with other brands as well.

I went and exchanged my card and the new one overclocks way better than the other. In any case, I'm happy with it.

My card tests fine at 415/1130 and never gets above 75C, but it seems like whenever I do some gaming, 15 minutes into it my computer beeps once and then reboots itself.
I know it can't be getting too hot. Anyone have an idea what the problem is? Maybe it's just not stable at that speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back