Possible Bridging

isocrazy

Limp Gawd
Hi I just bought a Linksys WRT54G Wireless G Router. I also had an old Microsoft B MN-500 router that i used. The problem is that on one side of my house i dont get great signal if any at all. I was wondering if I could use either my Microsoft Router ( which says it has a bridging mode on it) or my Linksys (which says it has an access point feature) to use one to relay the signal to a router mid way. So my set up would be a.) the main modem + router then feeds to another routher (either the linksys or the microsoft) then to the computer I want the internet fed to. If anybody could show me or tell me how to do this would be great. Thanks.

If the MS device has WDS functionality then you should be able to use it. If not then bridging mode won't do anything for you. Well, it might if it will work as a child bridge, and your trying to get a wired machine on the LAN with it. It won't help you at all wirelessly.

So there are some possibilities however I'd say your probably not going to be able to use the MS hardware unless you run cable to a LAN port on it. You'd then disable dhcp and it would be used as an AP and/or uplinked wired switch.

Back