Pops and crackles

PaintballaXX

Limp Gawd
I looked all over google, the creative website (i have the audixy 2) and the logitech website (I have the z-640s) but found no solution (that worked) for my problem. The speakers work perfectly during single play in any games but in the same games while playing online i get pops and crackels over the sound of the game. These pops and crackles are usually the same sound at whatever volume i put the speakers. These noises are extremely annoying while trying to play online, anyone who has had this problem will know what iam talking about. If it is any matter i have a Asus K8V deluxe. All the drivers on my comp are up to date. This is by far the most annoying computer problem i have ever experianced. Your help is very much appreciated.

is it every game or one or two in particular? give some more details please.

Wireless router or anything?

I have some 7.1 creatives and I know my wireless router can mess with them and my cellphone can make them start sounding off odd beats and pops right before it rings.

Yes i do have a wireless router but on one test to try to find the cause i unpluged it and played online directly with my dsl modem. It still poped and cracked just as bad. The Battlefield series and its mods really get the problem bad, Halo sometimes when i press get list, but never with Call of Duty. Forgot to mention in my first post -- if iam listing to music and surfing the web, i get the pops and crackles while loading pages, or pressing back etc.

Anyone? Well, does anyone know of a forum where the people really know what they are talking about in terms of computer audio?

Really does osund like a wireless issue. When you unplugged it did you turn off both your wireless card and your router? They still tx wven when not on a network.

Do you have a cell phone somewhere close to your computer? My old cell phone would sometimes cause pops and crackles on my speakers at random times. It took me like a month to figure out it was my cell doing it. I moved it further away from my speakers and it fixed the problem.

Do you have a PS/2 or USB keyboard? I had simliar problems when I had my MX Duo hooked up via PS/2. I switched it to USB and the problem went away.

I have no wireless mouse or keyboard, and a cell phone is not near by. To me it seemed it was obviously the router but i dont understand why it still poped and crackled when it was unpluged and was conecting through a wire to the dsl modem. It is another computer that has the wireless network card in it, but could that be causeing the problem? Even if the wireless hub is off? Guess I'm going to have to make sure anyway.

Bump anyone know of a forum where the people really know what they are talking about in terms of computer audio?

Insulting people really isnt polite, or the way to go about getting any help.

Have you checked with everything wireless off? Wireless landline phones (Dect or analogue) switched off, handset and basestation.

Change slot of audio card.

Is it only on hard disk access? in which case you have a crosstalk problem, move some wires round, particularly if you have sata.

Try a known good soundcard to see if its the speakers, try a known good set of speakers/headphones to see if its the sound card.

All these kinds of things you should have done before even posting in the first place. No one on here (except a few) are trained in this kind of stuff, we all learned from fiddling and showing a bit of initiative, try it instead of asking for all the answers.

I never insulted anyone, i said if anyone knows another fourm where people know their stuff. I never said people here didnt i just figured i could double my chances to solving a problem. If anyone thought that was an insult its not i love this place. I will try switching the PCI slot the sound card is in, but along with most of u i think it is interference for something. Just cant figure out what. Again, it was not my intention to insult anyone.

EDIT--
Yep it was a wireless issue alright. I bought a long netwrok cable and put the router on the other side of this room. Problems went right away. Thanks everyone for the help.

Back