[Poll] Is your PS4 experiencing hardware/software faults?

Are you experiencing issues?

• Total voters

next-Jin

Supreme [H]ardness
I am interested in seeing what our experiences have been with consoles arriving DOA, BLoD, or RLoD, etc.

The story seems to be gaining a lot of steam and with the recent sabotaging rumors might as well get a handle on things.

Currently my issues;

- Cannot join in home WiFi on 2.4Ghz
- Minor crashes back to Home screen from PS Store (seems to have gone away with load balancing on their end it looks like)
- Flashing Blue light when I switched multiple times to various HDTV's in the Home. I wanted to see what it looks like on a POS Westinghouse 32" 1366x768 LED I bought for 200 bucks a few years ago and a 1366x768 PN51C490 720p Samsung Plasma in the basement.

It went from the 60" Vizio 2013 model to the smaller more shit TV's fine, when I went back to the 60" I got the flashing blue light of death. I held the power button down, waited 10 seconds and turned it back on and it booted into Safe mode and then restarted again at 1080p where it was fine once again.

I have yet to experience the disc ejection issues (It is sitting horizontally) or the other issues being reported. Something specific with me is the WiFi, I'm on 2.4Ghz so I shouldn't have a problem and nothing else on my network has the issue. Most issues are revolving around the 5Ghz band.

I have the Verizon Action Tec FiOS 10/100 Wireless router.

I never have my consoles connected to wireless networks, they are all connected directly to a switch behind my entertainment center. I only tried when I began using it with other TV's around the house so I didn't really care enough to look into it.

Same here, no problem yet except I had to work a bit to make the Wi-Fi work. I had to use the WSS(QOSS) button on my TP-LINK router to make it work. I don't know why but the PS4 kept telling me that my password was wrong.

Played for a few hours yesterday. All good.

I got an error code once and it refused to load a game. Rebooted and it worked fine. I've also had some issues with psn being down, but that's expected.

I don't use wifi because everything I have ever used with wifi eventually has issues. So anything stationary I have wired. Wifi is left for the laptops, tablets, and phones.

Other than that my ps4 is on top of my entertainment console so it gets plenty of air. I haven't had any freezing or heat problems. Controllers work flawlessly.

This is a brand new platform, there are going to be issues. Most of them are probably software and minor. Avoiding wifi, and putting your ps4 in an open air environment is probably the wise choice.

Mine froze once, but all I had to do was restart it. Outside of that, it has been running fine.

not a single issue here yet.
about 25 hours played so far, 4 diff games, not including PSN games.

System is ok a few reboots. The controller is the thing that's damaged. I'd count that as hardware. The rubber on the left stick is peeling / tearing (the right stick is fine).

Not a problem here for me. Worked great and fine day one. Feel bad for those that has or is having issues. The system is fantastic thus far.

Something specific with me is the WiFi, I'm on 2.4Ghz so I shouldn't have a problem and nothing else on my network has the issue. Most issues are revolving around the 5Ghz band.

The PS4 uses both 2.4 and 5GHz bands? Only my 2.4 SSID would show up during network configuration. Don't remember seeing anywhere stating that the PS4 was compatible with 5GHz.

Also, before I vote, my PS4 has been working nicely (so far), other than the constant Battlefield CE-34878-0 crashes. Should something like that be considered "no issues" or "other"?

Need a new category "Just BF4 CE-34878-0 crashes to main menu." Much fewer issues than with PC which I to roll back to 314.22 to attempt to resolve blue screen when playing full screen YouTube.

Just hooked mine up about 45 minutes ago. Currently browsing through the menus, looking over settings, downloading some ps plus games. Tested one and it worked fine. So far so good.

The PS4 uses both 2.4 and 5GHz bands? Only my 2.4 SSID would show up during network configuration. Don't remember seeing anywhere stating that the PS4 was compatible with 5GHz.

Also, before I vote, my PS4 has been working nicely (so far), other than the constant Battlefield CE-34878-0 crashes. Should something like that be considered "no issues" or "other"?

Other, I know it's a game related problem but EA blamed it on the 1.50 update so.

And no it does not support 5Ghz band, but some people only use it and have issues they shouldn't be having.

Not supporting 5Ghz is sorta stupid imo.

Other, I know it's a game related problem but EA blamed it on the 1.50 update so.

And no it does not support 5Ghz band, but some people only use it and have issues they shouldn't be having.

Agreed but its easily fixed. Wireless Ethernet Bridges in the 5Ghz range solve the problem and are not very expensive.

Console manufacturers always use weak or substandard wireless radios. They are pathetic. In fact many mobile vendors (smartphones , tablets) use pretty shitty wireless radios as well (802.11x kind). Laptops are often the only genre that get much stronger and better supported radios.

So just buy a wireless ethernet bridge and forget about it I say.

Console with no major issue.

Amazon lock up twice and waiting for an update.

Console with no major issue.

Amazon lock up twice and waiting for an update.

Same thing for me man. I won't touch the Amazon app now. I tried it again last night , it hard locked the console.

Guess I'll just keep using my Wii-U for Amazon Prime since its the best app for the service on any platform.

Hung on reboot after applying 1.5 update thru USB.
Power cycled and everything was fine. Sound Shapes did a soft lock on the same day(PS menu was still accessible, everything stopped and the sound was looping for about 20 seconds, then came back), but it hasn't happened again after rebooting. Been perfect since.

I had a DOA unit from Amazon. Thankfully Amazon is sending me out a replacement unit and will be here by Thursday.

My son's Amazon PS4 arrived DOA. (doesn't power up at all)

Dealing with Sony was a PITA because of the long hold times, local Sony store on the strip is totally out of the back-up stock they had. Thankfully Amazon is offering a replacement that will HOPEFULLY come before Christmas, so all is good.

Sorry about your DOA, i got 2 working that i had preorder for resell only.

In my country resell is a way bigger business than keeping them.

Agreed. Even my Sony handset has dual band. PSN congestion aside, my PS4 connectivity has been really great so far.

The BF crash might be Sony's fault, but I'm still blaming EA/Dice for taking people's money for a game that's completely broken. I'd be embarrassed to have my name on a product like that.

I'm afraid to vote. Like I'll be asking for bad luck.

Me too! But since Jin feels my BF4 issue should be voted as an "other issue", then maybe I'm safe.. for now ;)

EDIT: Hey wait a minute! Jinn, you voted "no issue" and then proceeded to list a bunch of issues that seem way worse than Battlefield crashing. Lol, how is the dreaded BLOD showing up once not an issue, but game crashing is? :D

Last edited:
Agreed. Even my Sony handset has dual band. PSN congestion aside, my PS4 connectivity has been really great so far.

The BF crash might be Sony's fault, but I'm still blaming EA/Dice for taking people's money for a game that's completely broken. I'd be embarrassed to have my name on a product like that.

Me too! But since Jin feels my BF4 issue should be voted as an "other issue", then maybe I'm safe.. for now ;)

EDIT: Hey wait a minute! Jinn, you voted "no issue" and then proceeded to list a bunch of issues that seem way worse than Battlefield crashing. Lol, how is the dreaded BLOD showing up once not an issue, but game crashing is? :D

Because it's my fault for continuously moving the PS4 all over the house using various TVs, I experienced it but it was just a handshake issue or something where it needed to go into safe mode.

Once it did it's thing and restarted it was fine. I might try it again to see if it's a repeatable test.

The wifi works, I had to do what someone suggested earlier using the WPS functions. Why I have no idea, even though I had ethernet it was aggravating me and when I saw his post I tried just to make sure it was not my console.

The PSN Store issues where I live during the first 72 hrs, seems fine now. The downloads are ungodly faster than PS3 downloads were.

Mine came in with no issues but I do have that wobble if I push on the corner.

I played Assassin's Creed 4 for like 3 hours earlier, smooth sailing, everything still seems good to me.

No problems, even used Wifi for the initial update. And I guess I'm the only one able to use Amazon On Demand? I have had no problems at all with it. Set it up and watched. NBA league pass also a go. Paired Nexus 7 with no problem.

Updated via wifi, no problems connecting to wifi, played Knack for about an hour and no problems so far.

Haven't had a single issue since running constantly since Thursday morning.

Hah! That is pretty funny. ;)

I've played 10 hours or so of Killzone, 5 or so hours of Netflix, 1 hour of Ghosts and about 2 hours on Resogun and Contrast with no issues. I connected via wifi at first with no issues but have since run a lan cable to it.

I'm 12 hrs into AC4. No glitches/crashes since launch. I traced a "Please wait..." bug to my network cable being partially unplugged. Made a new one and system is a lot snappier when its network connect isn't flaky.

Back