poll - dead/stuck pixels

maenos

n00b
I'm trying to get a sense of how many LCDs ship with at least one dead or stuck pixel. How many of you have received an LCD out of the box with this problem?

Thanks!

My 2001PF has zero stuck pixel. 2 or 3 wonky sub-pixels, but nothing glaring.

My Dell 1800FP came with one stuck red subpixel, but it has since disapeared in the 3 months I have had the TFT.

I had a friend that had like 3, then another friend rubbed tham out with his knuckle. Samsung I believe.

Vette

I had a viewsonic vx900 and it has 2 dead pixels but really wasn't that bad because i usually hardly noticed them.

just got my samsung 213T and it has just one. again hardly noticable for such a big ass screen.

My 2001FP has one weird red subpixel that'll light up red only when on black background with something bright right below it. Otherwise it's not visible and seems to behave normally. It's also right at the edge so I couldn't be bothered with it, as it is it took me a couple of weeks before I noticed it. Other than that no other defects.

Samsung 172X - 2 stuck pixels. They go blue when trying to display grayscale colors, but otherwise behave normally.

I'm 2 for 2 with LCDs. My first LCD, a VG171b had 0 dead pixels as does my Dell 2001 FP.

::KNOCKS ON WOOD::

My Sony HX73 had 0 dead/stuck pixels. My Dell 1801FP has one red pixel.

NEC Multisync LCD1760V here

Brand new out of box 2 blue stuck subpixels, not really noticible though I am happy with it.

Back