• Fails to boot and/or crashes randomly

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Arrived defective/damaged

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meatsauce

Weaksauce
I'm waiting on my ram before I can test out my new system and I keep seeing negative posts about boards that aren't working well. I though a poll about board functionality would lift my spirits

Last edited:
I built an i5-2400 on an GA-h67ma-ud2h for my mom, and it posted first try and loaded the windows installation. Its been working perfectly, currently running on the integrated video until my 6850 gets here and I swap my 9800 into it. She's very happy with it!

Last edited:
I built an i5-2400 on an GA-h67ma-ud2h for my mom, and it posted first try and loaded the windows installation. Its been working perfectly, currently running on the integrated video until my 6850 gets here and I swap my 9800 into it. She's very happy with it!

Nice, let's hear more like this.

I have a P8P67 Pro that was working just fine but seems to have died on me. It won't POST anymore and I really have no idea why.

I have a Asus P8P67-M Pro on the way. I'll update when I have it installed. I hope i don't run into any issues.

P8P67 Pro works fine once it is booted, the trick is to get it booted.

Does a stutter-boot during POST (powers up, shuts down, powers up, shut down, powers up, shuts down, then posts). Often during this weird boot cycle, it fails to recognize my RAID 1 array, which requires that I power down and hope for the best the next time around.

Maybe its just me...but doesn't it seem there are more reports of probs with Asus boards? It seems to be the more popular brand and maybe that's why....or maybe I'm imaging things :)

ASRock extreme 4 for some reason decides to hang on the shutting down screen forever after i install the motherboard drivers. it seems to be linked to windows update possibly but still wont shut down voluntarily after many restarts. Also, the one time i installed windows and got it to shut down properly, my network cards wouldnt work (onboard or pci-e nic). have reinstalled windows 4 times already and still havent found a solution.

Maybe its just me...but doesn't it seem there are more reports of probs with Asus boards? It seems to be the more popular brand and maybe that's why....or maybe I'm imaging things :)

the asus brand p67 pro boards are the most popular right now.

Definitely sounds like an Asus prob. Not surprising, their products on initial arrival are known to exhibit odd behaviours. I remember my P4C800 Deluxe doing the same thing, God love it.

Gigabyte UD-4 here working swell.

My UD4 has the nasty habit of re-flashing the backup BIOS whenever overclocking fails - not sure if that counts as odd behavior or not.

I'm on a P8P67 Pro with i7 2600k and was having the multi-post happening with the full screen logo turned on but once I turned it off it went away for me. Also the system didn't like my old Win7 install and would blue-screen to a restart so I did a fresh install. After that everything has been perfect and I'm running at 4.5ghz for now.

Lol both Asus/GB with some pretty nasty BIOS behavior. Are both of those on latest BIOS, or just shipping BIOS?

P8P67 Pro works fine once it is booted, the trick is to get it booted.

Does a stutter-boot during POST (powers up, shuts down, powers up, shut down, powers up, shuts down, then posts). Often during this weird boot cycle, it fails to recognize my RAID 1 array, which requires that I power down and hope for the best the next time around.

My P8P67 has done this a few times. It seems to happen after making system changes like adding/removing hard drives or after a failed OC. I haven't really turned it off and on enough times to decide if it's actually a problem.

ASRock extreme 4 for some reason decides to hang on the shutting down screen forever after i install the motherboard drivers. it seems to be linked to windows update possibly but still wont shut down voluntarily after many restarts. Also, the one time i installed windows and got it to shut down properly, my network cards wouldnt work (onboard or pci-e nic). have reinstalled windows 4 times already and still havent found a solution.

Will it shut down if all you do is boot to the login screen? As in, boot only until you see the Ctrl-Alt-Del login screen. Then use the shutdown option. If that works then you have something running, as a user, that's refusing to shut down. But if shutdown from the login screen fails then perhaps you have a service or driver that's refusing to power down. NICs can be notorious for this, as can USB devices. Check the properties of those devices (using devmgmt.msc) and disable the power management options. If that solves your shutdown problem then there's something wrong with the power management settings for those devices (either in the hardware, or more likely the driver software).

Everything is fine for me 2600k p8p67 pro and 6950.

edit: p8p67 pro died with red cpu led.

roomates box msi MSI P67S-C43 2500k and a galaxy 460 hangs up with a flashing cursor and "a3" in the bottom right.

edit: got him a 6850 and his issues are resolved.

Last edited:
Planning to get a P8P67 Pro...this thread is scaring me...I hope my SB build goes no probs.

I'm not going to vote until the build is completely finished, but I did notice some initial screw up. It recognized only 4GB of RAM (instead of 8GB) but as soon as I set the DRAM frequency to something other than 'Auto' and then reset it back to 'Auto' the problem disappeared. Probably going to reseat the modules just in case.

Not to mention my BIOS version is 0501, whereas the support website lists 0804 as the first release BIOS. Beta BIOS or something? Don't know, but I'm updating that ASAP.

Just noticed my UD4 with F7b loses the overclock when it wakes from sleep. Drops back to 3.5. Anyone else seeing that behavior? I'm using the CPU Ratio to overclock it, maybe after this Steelers game I'll try using the turbo multipliers and see if that helps.

Asus Pro and 2600K here and no issues so far. Smooth operation and fast system up and running.

Everything going well here with the ASUS P67 PRO. Ran into a few hiccups, however nothing like a lot are having. I have all 4 of the RAM Dimms filled with the Ripjaw series for a total of 16 gbs and Windows 7 64 immediately recognized all 16 gigs. The 1 and only gripe I have at this point are the occasional multi boots. Other than that I have never been so pleased with a build as I am with this one.... I upgraded from a Core 2 Duo LGA 775.

When I first got my system running it would give a read light above the memory and wouldn't boot unless i went into the bios. Reseated the ram and reset cmos and never had the problem again. Just flashed my bios to 1053 and over clocking is going great.

My Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7 crashed on me and reflashed to its original BIOS for some reason, don't know why. My other Gigabyte motherboards never did that before which is strange.

P8P67 Deluxe

I have two identical 1.5TB Samsung hard drives that are from the same batch, and it will only detect and run one of them. The other causes the system to go into infinite reboots on all 8 sata ports. Really strange, the drive works fine on other systems.

edit: actually now its randomly frozen up 3 times and rebooted after freezing hard for 20 seconds at a time....

Last edited:
My P67S-C43 arrived with a few bent pins in the socket. Drove me nuts for a couple of days figuring out what was wrong (thanks to a suggestion). Easy fix with a safety pin. The board works great now. No problems with stability.

My random boot problems magically went away. Boots first time from power off or restart in Windows, every time.

However, when I do a reset from within UEFI (save and exit or discard and exit), it always takes a second and sometimes third attempt to get it to recognize my RAID 1 array (on the Intel regular SATA ports).

If I had to guess, I'd say that it wasn't giving the drives time to spin up and report ready and in RAID mode before it finishes POST. It also looks like it's going through the external chipset initialization before it even starts the regular BIOS/UEFI POST, which is reversed from how non-UEFI systems do it.

Asus P8P67 here. Had that weird problems with the red lig next to the memory led. Did the clear cmos thing and I guess that fixed my problems. I was ready to declare this board DOA and had a RMA rdy to send it back until I read some more about it.

Everything is working good now though in installed Windows havent overclocked yet and the I'm liking the new bios

I've got the multi-boot/POST issue as well. Boots up briefly, shuts down, and then comes back up prior to going into Windows.

I have a 2500K and the ASRock P67 Professional...have had no problems booting but some strange hanging issues coming back from sleep.. updated all drivers...seems to hang, then react to my previous inputs then hang.. have to hard restart to get things going again. Not sure if the OS or hardware...

did a clean install and it's happened once since, went into Windows and changed power settings to performance, we'll see how it goes tonight

Both my UD4 and UD7 have been pretty solid. No issues unless i pushed way too hard. 4.8 all auto settings. Cool as a cucumber. I can get 5.3 on either board with my 2600K.

Both my UD4 and UD7 have been pretty solid. No issues unless i pushed way too hard. 4.8 all auto settings. Cool as a cucumber. I can get 5.3 on either board with my 2600K.

Does yours keep the overclock when you wake from sleep?

Asus P8P67 Pro + 2500k, OCZ Vertex SSD boot drive, 8GB (2x4G) Corsair XMS3, no problems at all. I did not re-install Win7.

Have a MSI P67A-GD65 w/ a 2500k running smooth w/ no issues.. My most painless build in many many years.. I am very happy with the OC stability and performance..

I helped a friend build a new pc, asus p8p67. Does the same boot restart and then load windows like other peoples pcs.

Back