Poland Signs Controversial Copyright Treaty

Ok. How did Big Pharma get their little peckers into this?

The reason black markets exist is un-reasonable un-enforceable law based on greed.

The only reason why such laws don't work is because of a total lack of international cooperation, not to mention horrid national funding in most European countries to stop counterfeit trading. On the other hand, ACTA is a concerted global effort.

But don't get me wrong, I won't support these laws until I see governments being competent enough to put them into practice.

Yeah, it sucks.

The market has become anything but free. What's the best term for it now? A hostage market maybe?

Its called "Free Enterprise" "Free Market Forces" Wow I haven't heard those phrases in a long time. Gone like the DoDo bird.

already did.. few .gov sites in Poland are down :D

...and today I'm ashamed to be Polish. fucking idiots signed something they don't fully understand after the whole country said "NO, don't do this." Huge spit in the face to those who elected you. Shame.

Oh no a few websites are down for a few minutes or hours. This method of protesting by anonymous is stupid and accomplishes nothing. What ever happened to taking to the streets and demanding freedom from such forms of politicians? Romania, Russia, Egypt? I know some revolts have failed but others have succeeded.

Oh no a few websites are down for a few minutes or hours. This method of protesting by anonymous is stupid and accomplishes nothing. What ever happened to taking to the streets and demanding freedom from such forms of politicians? Romania, Russia, Egypt? I know some revolts have failed but others have succeeded.

Sure it does. Advertising like this for free. This is cheaper then infomercials.:D

Well just yesterday USA ambasady called polish parliament because ACTA didn't get an approval by one commision. What's funny is that they not only asked for the result of voting but also asked who was voting for/against, why etc.
Generally questions you wouldn't expect from one gov to another gov regarding internal laws.

What does USA think? It's time to take Internet out of their hands when all they care about is ACTA..

Well just yesterday USA ambasady called polish parliament because ACTA didn't get an approval by one commision. What's funny is that they not only asked for the result of voting but also asked who was voting for/against, why etc.
Generally questions you wouldn't expect from one gov to another gov regarding internal laws.

What does USA think? It's time to take Internet out of their hands when all they care about is ACTA..

Policing the world as always.

They were protesting. In most major Polish cities huge crowds of people came out to the streets.

Anyone here was born in Poland and have more info about:
---- Cell phone companies
---- Car rental
---- What credit cards are accepted there
---- ETC
I was born there 20 years ago and planing to visit - ( finally )
Please pm me
Thanks,

redtube nie oddamy!!!! hahaha, love it!

been planning a return trip over there, looking forward to knowing my redtube access is being defended by my fellow poles!

Back