PoE? Network Camera

beachbum

Limp Gawd
So I need in install a network camera somewhere. I currently have a d-link DCS-3220 but would like to upgrade to something that has a more superior image quality.
I have chosen a Toshiba network camera.

It says it has "802.3af PoE". I currently have a d-link branded PoE adapter that i'm using with the DCS-3220, i'm unsure as to if it would work with the Toshiba or not.

I guess I need to purchase some type of PoE injector, but i'm unsure as to if this is a standardized type thing (which pairs it runs power through) or what.

There are really 2 "standards" the old Cisco Pre-802.3af standard and then 802.3af. The IEEE standard is Pins 4&5 Power + and Pins 7&8 Power -. As long as your cable is straight through and properly crimped/punched down you shouldn't have a problem.

This should work: http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/ps4820-poe.php

Did anybody read the description?

"Choose from 3 power options - 802.3af, AC24 V and DC12 V to best suit the application’s available power sources"

It looks like it supports multiple voltages. I would check the specefications. If you have enough Amps and voltage that Dlink may suffice..

Hmmm, well it looks like that PS4820-POE is good enough. I looked at some better pictures of the camera and it has a switch so you can choose what voltage and input types you wish to use.

Back