PNY CS2030 240GB M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe

Nebulous

[H]ard|Gawd
Ordered this drive a few days ago while it was an egg deal for $98.99. Got it yesterday and installed it. Tried using Acronis to clone my SSD over to the M2 and for some uncanny reason fucker Acronis would not clone the drive. Tried several times and all it did was stay stuck on stupid and wouldn't pass the light blue window with the yellow curser :rolleyes:

Went with the clean install method. A few minutes later up and running. A few things I noticed:

1) FAST as all getout
2) HOT as hell!

I mean it runs HOT. Reviews mention the drive's temps are way up there so I used my fingertip to test that out. Almost fried my dam fingertip. :eek:

Added a 60mm fan to it and now operating temps are 40c. Alot better than it was before. I dunno what the temps were, but sucker was hot as shit.

So this am booting up I get no splash screen and from logging in to desktop is instantaneous!

Not too shabby for an M2 nvme drive under a c-note :)

Have the drive a few days and so far it's fine. Hottest it got was 49c, but the 60mm fan keeps temps in check. Hasn't throttled, but I do notice the HDD LED is constantly blinking and sometimes just stays solid. Not sure what that's about. Can't find any info on what's causing it. I'm happy with it. So if anyone is deciding on getting this drive, be sure to either add sinks to it and a fan, or a fan only as this puppy does run hot.

Back