plz elp - dropped sata raid channel

AchTuNG!

Gawd
Aigh all!

One of my servers has been running a bit crappy the last couple of days. I suspected the raid set was playing up. anyway, I checked the Gigabyte SATA configuration utility, and found that one of the channels had been dropped. the members status screen looked soughta like this (only much prettier):

Mbr Idx - Dev Loc - State - Rebuild
Mirror0 - Channel 0 - Dropped -
Mirror0 - Channel 1 - Sync - N/A

Obviously what I need to do is rebuild the dropped member (I hope), but I thought this was supposed to be automatic. anyway, I'm not quite sure where to start. I remember the last time I "rebuilt" a raid set in the bios' configuration utility, the partitions disapparread, and I am not too keen on this happening again. Can someone please shed some light on the situation and point me in the right direction? fanks in advance!

Originally posted by AchTuNG!
Aigh all!

One of my servers has been running a bit crappy the last couple of days. I suspected the raid set was playing up. anyway, I checked the Gigabyte SATA configuration utility, and found that one of the channels had been dropped. the members status screen looked soughta like this (only much prettier):

Mbr Idx - Dev Loc - State - Rebuild
Mirror0 - Channel 0 - Dropped -
Mirror0 - Channel 1 - Sync - N/A

Obviously what I need to do is rebuild the dropped member (I hope), but I thought this was supposed to be automatic. anyway, I'm not quite sure where to start. I remember the last time I "rebuilt" a raid set in the bios' configuration utility, the partitions disapparread, and I am not too keen on this happening again. Can someone please shed some light on the situation and point me in the right direction? fanks in advance!

Whoaa!! had to remove one of the drives out of the bios, and do a few things then rebuild the mirror etc etc. took about 3 nervous hours then i rebooted and saw the 2kS boot screen. shoulda seen me light up! :eek:

Back