Plextor PX-716UF

Operaghost

[H]ard|Gawd
My external plextor cannot write to dvds for some reason. Every time I try I get errors no matter what software I use.

I've installed the latest firmware, and according to plextor this drive uses no drivers w/ USB, so....what the hell is wrong with this thing?

How old is it? Does it still read dvds or write cds? I have an old sony DRU-500A that refuses to read dvds, but it will read cds and I think it will still write dvds as well. Sounds like it could just be broken.

Its only about 3 years old. It reads anything fine. Writes to CD's fine, and it has had VERY little wear and tear on it.

What I don't get is why I can't find any drivers for the device? Is that because its external?

I had the exact same problem. Had to throw it away. The only thing I could think was that it burned out because I left it on 24/7. Never buying plextor stuff ever again.

Ya I haven't even left it on much.

I haven't even had it plugged in for most of the time I've had it. Oh well. I'm using crappy memorex media, but there is no reason that would be 100% fail due to that.

I just think the writing capability of the drive sucks, and there is ZERO support from Plextor on the drive.

Back