Please help...why are my Sandra scores so low? -pic-

DefBringer

Limp Gawd
I have an Athlon 64 3000 at 205mhz bus speed and some Mushkin lvl 1 PC-3500 RAM at CAS 2.

why.jpg

Not only that, but my 3DMark03 score went up only 400 points from my Athlon XP2100 even though I added newer faster HD, CPU, RAM, and mobo!

Does anybody have any idea what is wrong with my chip?

It looks like the Cool-n-Quiet feature is not working correctly? Try disabling that and run it again.

Jeremy

ok, disabled cool n quiet....looks like Sandra doesn't "wake up" the chip like it should. Scores are much better now.

But 3dMark scores remain the same. Very, very weird.

Originally posted by DefBringer
ok, disabled cool n quiet....looks like Sandra doesn't "wake up" the chip like it should. Scores are much better now.

But 3dMark scores remain the same. Very, very weird.

Clearly ur video card is holding u back... which one do u have?

Originally posted by Tazman2
Clearly ur video card is holding u back... which one do u have?

Radeon 9500 softmodded to 9700.

Guess I should be happy with what I have. :D

Upgrade the BIOS in ur mobo. there was an issue with older K8V bios's not waking the CPU up with cool'n'quiet (Latest version is 1005) follow the instructions on how to flash it, dont do it from Windows of the BIOS itself, use the awdflash.exe program.

i'm having similar problems with my system!! my mobo is ak86L

my system was fine for the past 4 days and out of NOWHERE, my CPU usage is at 65-80% constantly. i have no idea. i am leaving everything at default settings and it still does that! i thought i somehow contracted a virus/worm, but i just did a clean install and the first thing i did was bring up task manager and it still is sitting at 65-80%! my sisoft went from 8300+ to 3000...wtf...

Originally posted by sev
Upgrade the BIOS in ur mobo. there was an issue with older K8V bios's not waking the CPU up with cool'n'quiet (Latest version is 1005) follow the instructions on how to flash it, dont do it from Windows of the BIOS itself, use the awdflash.exe program.

Unfortunately, I have to actually REMOVE my motherboard in order to plug in a floppy drive. The stupid case I have prohibits it.

Actually, I'm just going to buy a dremel and dremel it out before I remove that MOBO again...

I think I have 1004. Are you fairly certain 1005 will fix it?

Your memory bandwidth benchmarks are lower because the current A64 chips are single channel only. Pentium 4C's and AthlonXP's are dual channel. The difference are pretty much only in synthetic benchmarks though, so don't worry.

Your 3D Mark 2003 shouldn't go up too much either, that benchmark is very video card intensive. It doesn't rely on your CPU and ram very much. So if you kept the same video card from AXP to A64, then it is a given that your 3d Mark 2003 will be around the same (a little more maybe).

Don't worry about synthetic benchmarks like 3D Mark and Sandra. Just worry about how well your new rig performs compared to your old Athlon XP rig. I'm sure your new one is working a lot faster in games and windows in general.

Deleximus, check in your bios to see if you have "Cool and Quiet" enabled. If you do, that's probably why your system is running slower. It underclocks when "quiet". Disable it and try again.

OMG, look at your Processor -> Speed value.

To fix your CPU problem... In your Asus K8V Deluxe BIOS, change your

Advanced -> Jumperfree Configuration -> CPU Voltage = Manual

then

Advanced -> Jumperfree Configuration -> CPU Speed = 2000mhz

Edit: Your Processor -> Speed value in your picture is showing 820mhz because right now your CPU is only using multiplier of 4, at 205mhz which 205x4 = 820. If you set your CPU Speed (ASUS's funky way of saying multiplier 10) to 2000 (x10), you'll have a cpu speed of 2050mhz (in CPU-Z, but not in BIOS.. don't even know why ASUS report it differently).

Deliximus, it sounds like you're infected with the following virus...

Agobot Virus

In the taskmanager, look for a service running that says "spolsv.exe" or "microsoft.exe". That's a sure sign that you're infected.

I dont have SANDRA handy but would someone please post for me what the MIPS scores of a 800 and 850 MHz Athlon along with a 800 MHz PIII or something of that nature is. Anywhere close to the 820 MHz this Athlon64 was running at? Or what CPU and clock speed does it take to reach the same 3400 MIPS score?

Just something I would find interesting.

Dont always trust SANDRA either, there is more then 1 program out there to bechmark your PC.

i just checked, i don't have any viruses/worm

i fixed the problem. it seems like it doesn't like audigy2 in pci3.

Back