Planetside 2

I did some Planetside 1 back in the day, and it was gloriously epic, and very hectic. I'm looking forward to it being free and more of the same enjoyable sequences.

I did some Planetside 1 back in the day, and it was gloriously epic, and very hectic. I'm looking forward to it being free and more of the same enjoyable sequences.

from the videos, it looks similar to battlefield 3 in my opinion... the night battles look fantastic.

Had a blast with the original planetside even though there was frequent balance issues and griefers. Tons of fun!

I am stoked about PS2........PS 1 was most epic large scale MMO FPS of all time. They douched the game out with the stupid add ons and constant nerfing, but man was it FUN. Can't wait for open beta.

I am stoked about PS2........PS 1 was most epic large scale MMO FPS of all time. They douched the game out with the stupid add ons and constant nerfing, but man was it FUN. Can't wait for open beta.

good to see its free to play too.. lots of people speak pretty highly of PS1

Just spam @planetside2 with twitter messages. You'll get one eventually lol.

hahaha doing that now.

hopefully the beta comes out soon.. lots of speculation that it will be out on Thursday

we gotta get a [H] group goin

hahaha doing that now.

hopefully the beta comes out soon.. lots of speculation that it will be out on Thursday

we gotta get a [H] group goin

I'm up for that, registered my beta key a couple of months ago

patiently waiting....

I must be what some would call "pro"... I just sent one message (witty though I was) and got my key :D!! /cheer and thanks for the idea.

I did the same thing, sent a witty comment @planetside2 and they sent me a key :D, so awesome to get a key that way. I never have a chance with those twitter trivia/key posts, someone always gets it earlier somehow, even if you see it like 4seconds after it posted someone has already gotten it.

I did the same thing, sent a witty comment @planetside2 and they sent me a key :D, so awesome to get a key that way. I never have a chance with those twitter trivia/key posts, someone always gets it earlier somehow, even if you see it like 4seconds after it posted someone has already gotten it.

Same thing with FB, I think some people have some kind of program for that shit.

Yeah, I hate you guys who did in one try! It took me a week straight of messaging them to get a response! I tried to get one from their beta key tweets, but I guess I'm a slow typer.

I'm new to Twitter: how do they send you the key? Do I have to register my twitter account to my planetside2 registration or something? I am lost.

I'm new to Twitter: how do they send you the key? Do I have to register my twitter account to my planetside2 registration or something? I am lost.

Make sure you follow them and if you get a key they will DM (Direct message) it to you, you then take that key, login to SOE and then you can input that key for your account.

yeah i have yet to get a key.. i will continue to pester them!

I'll have to see more videos of other gameplay, like vehicles before I decide.

I did play Planetside 1 way back in the day, and I remember having a lot of fun with it. I cannot remember what pushed me away though. Was it low player population perhaps?

I'll have to see more videos of other gameplay, like vehicles before I decide.

I did play Planetside 1 way back in the day, and I remember having a lot of fun with it. I cannot remember what pushed me away though. Was it low player population perhaps?

i heard like 3000 player matches existed though?

whats to decide its F2P! ! :D

personally I think for this type of game F2P is a perfect model.. lots of players so population shouldnt be a problem

Yeah, Planetside 2 is a no brainer to get really. If you liked the first one, I see now reaosn why not to like the second one :)

Yeah, Planetside 2 is a no brainer to get really. If you liked the first one, I see now reaosn why not to like the second one :)

it looks pretty damn good too, dont mind the visuals at all :)

i heard like 3000 player matches existed though?

whats to decide its F2P! ! :D

personally I think for this type of game F2P is a perfect model.. lots of players so population shouldnt be a problem

I only played beta PS1 and early release, so I believe a lot of the issues I had with the game at that time were fixed/diminished. Early on though, even with a huge player population, the areas were so large it was hard to find action. Very large battles were rare because there wasn't that much of a reason or way to bring large groups of people against each other. They did create "hot spot" indicators on the map which were a big help. I had a ton of fun actually, the main problem for me is none of my friends joined up, they all didn't want to pay a sub and were too busy with Counter-Strike. :(

One of the few games that stealthing and sniping felt really worth while, if done correctly.

Hey all!

First off, we're really all insanely excited about getting everyone in and playing the game as soon as possible. This has been a long road and it feels like we've all been in it together, having this next phase getting kicked off is a huge thrill for us.

I wanted to come by and give you guys some info about our beta plans and have there be one source of info from the dev team about what we're doing with beta rather than having a bunch of speculation based on tweets. Most of this info has been out there, but in various disconnected posts, so here it is all in one easy to reference spot.

Here is some general info about our current beta plans, what you should expect and when. I'll be sure to update this with more info and answers to more questions as I see them.

1 - Our external testing will be kicking off sometime this week (to be totally clear, I mean the week of July 9th - July 15th) with the technical test that we've been talking a lot about. This test will let us make sure the game runs across a variety of hardware configurations and the people invited will be hand picked based on the requirements in our hardware matrix. We're currently internally evaluating the build we expect to be used for this test and those players who have been selected will be receiving invites as soon as we're ready.

2 - We will be opening up the test in multiple phases or stages, inviting more and more players for each phase. Our priority invitees are those of you who are PlanetSide vets, and those who have priority beta keys (i.e. keys from the PC Gamer magazines), as well as those who received keys from members of the dev teams or at E3. Just so I'm 100% clear, we're not going to be opening the floodgates by inviting all of the thousands of PlanetSide veterans on day 1, but you are still the highest priority to get invites as we expand the testing circle out.

3 - Beta testing will begin with specific pre-determined times, and eventually will open up to being available more often. These testing times will be communicated through email to players who have been flagged for access.

4 - PlanetSide vets do not need a beta key, their accounts will be flagged for beta and they will receive an email letting them know – if you are a PlanetSide veteran, make sure your station account email is up to date.

5 - While we’re making every effort to communicate accurate times & dates to you guys, and get the beta going as soon as possible, if unforeseen circumstances occur and we’re forced to delay testing then we will.

6 - Beta testing is a critically important part of our development cycle on this project, we may be asking you to only play on tanks for a play session, or only play aircraft. We are doing true beta testing, not just a game demo and we implore those of you who are invited to understand and respect that. Things will break, the server will be unavailable sometimes, we will cancel scheduled tests when we find something that breaks before the test starts. All of this will help us make a better final game.

Looking forward to shooting you in the face and / or shooting other people in the face alongside you.

-
mh

This is from the games Creative Director

Had to call up station support but was able to get my original 2003 planetside account back. After that.. signed up for the BETA. Here's hoping I get lucky with the lottery -- really appreciated the time I spent in the original game, so many great vivid memories.

Had to call up station support but was able to get my original 2003 planetside account back. After that.. signed up for the BETA. Here's hoping I get lucky with the lottery -- really appreciated the time I spent in the original game, so many great vivid memories.

Yep, I just got my really really ancient EQ1 account back, :D.

Yeah, for some strange reason, I remembered my old SOE account info and was able to transfer it to my new email. I haven't played PS1 since late 2005...jesus.

I WANT THIS GAME BADLY.

Back