Pixio PX7 Prime - 27" 1440p 165hz Freesync IPS

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm curious if anyone has or is looking at getting this monitor:

https://www.pixiogaming.com/px7

I am looking to upgrade from a 24" Samsung 1080p 144hz VA panel and was hesitant to go back to IPS but the Pixio caught my eye. It has decent specs and the price is reasonable so I ordered one.

My other option is the 32" 1440p VA LG 650f but I figured I would give the Pixio a try first.

Apparently this uses the same panel as the gigabyte monitor so it is interesting for the price. My LG 850 arrived today with a black smear under the screen and, of course, it’s sold out all over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the PX7 Prime for two weeks now and so far it is pretty good. It's not an end-game monitor as there is a decent amount of IPS glow which doesn't bother me too much during normal use but I do notice it from time to time. Motion wise it is better than the Samsung VA it replaces and doesn't have any of the weird 'extreme mode' Freesync issues the Samsung suffers from like flicker at the bottom of the screen.

It definitely needs a calibration like the Hardware Unboxed review mentioned as it is very bluish by default. The warm colour temp setting helps a bit but I will probably get a basic calibration kit at some point to get it dialed in.

Last edited:
EDIT: I’m about to be on my 4th LG 850. Every one has dead pixels. 2nd monitor had no dead pixels out of the box but they died maybe an hour to two into use. Never seen anything like it before.

My 2nd LG 850 arrived and this one is good. I'd say the LG is the best option but the Pixio is a better bargain

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how anyone deals with IPS glow unless you never play games in dark scenes and always use your PC in a well lit room. It's the problem with ALL IPS monitors these days... they just aren't suitable for certain use cases.

Back