pixelated bang for your buck?

Momo

Gawd
ok, im having a little trouble justifying a dell 2005FPW over a Viewsonic VA1912wb ....

yes, the dell has a higher native resolution.1680x1050 x 1440x900
The viewsonic has a faster advertised response time though.

the viewsonic lacks in contrast ratio (600:1 dell vs 500:1 Viewsonic)

They have the smae brightness (300cdm/2)

I'm just a little confused about how to justify the extra one and one tenth inches of real estate, for so much more cake. I can snag the Viewsonic for $385 CDN, whereas the Dell is $749 CDN.

That's nearly double the price :eek:

Those that have tried the two monitors, is the dell worth the extra coin?

I just tested out the Viewsonic tonight at MicroCenter and it was pretty nice. Response time in games showed now blurring and the backlight was extremely uniform. It was one of the better screens for the price.

dell just had the 2005fpw for around 335 after some special coupons, its usually just under 400 with coupons though.

Wow, I've been eyeing the exact same monitors for a couple days now. I'm have the same trouble, is it really worth paying that much extra cash for a widescreen 1" bigger?

I plan on mostly using it for my xbox 360 and maybe the occasional movie. Since I missed out on the $334 deal for the Dell I'm leaning heavily towards the ViewSonic. I'd love to hear some more people's opinions between the two.

IMHO, i cannot justify the Dell at twice the price here in canada. I just cant.

And, considering i'm going from a 17" CRT to a 19" widescreen, that's a large upgrade. And it's within budget.
:cool:

Is Canada not eligable for the Dell 2005FPW sales? Get the Dell if you can get it for around $350 USD. I wouldn't pay more than that.

it's $729 or something here, regular.
We get sales, but nowhere near the % off as in the states usually.

Lowest i've seen it was $599 CDN i think. Or maybe it was $499? *shrugs*

still, it's a lot more than $329 for not much of an increase in size and stats.

Back