PII Voltage

’m‚³‚ñ

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a pair of PII's. They're overclocked on a Tyan Mobo, from 350 to 391. They both register as having 2.06 or 2.03v in MBM5. What are PII 350's rated at for voltage? I'm assuming 2.0v. I'm just making sure, as I have fried a PIII 667 in the past because the mainboard gave it 3.4v. :p

2.0V is vcore, the l2 should be 3.3V (if you have a reading)
that should be be true for all Deschutes core PIIs.

According to CPU-Z, my pII 400 is running at 1.968v, and I've seen it spike up to 2v. I also have it OC'd to 448, unfortunately it won't do past a 112fsb (next up is 133).

Originally posted by 8Complex
According to CPU-Z, my pII 400 is running at 1.968v, and I've seen it spike up to 2v. I also have it OC'd to 448, unfortunately it won't do past a 112fsb (next up is 133).

Haha, I have OCed a bunch of PII's to 112 fsb, as well as several PIII's. None of them went past 112... :p Although, that one PIII did with extra voltage.

Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to make sure that running a PII 450 and a PIII 550 on one mobo at the same time didn't kill anything due to voltage.

Originally posted by ’m‚³‚ñ
Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to make sure that running a PII 450 and a PIII 550 on one mobo at the same time didn't kill anything due to voltage.

Run that by me again? O_O

You SMP'ed a PII 450 with a PIII 550?!?

Originally posted by Yiffy
Run that by me again? O_O

You SMP'ed a PII 450 with a PIII 550?!?

Well, tried. The board was happy with them like that, but Windows wasn't. :p

I'm going to upgrade to dual PIII 667's later, I hope.

lol! different speed cpu's. I know someone who put a p2-450 and a p3-450 in a box and they played okay but it wasn't very stable. Kept on trying to run sse on both cpu's I guess. I just acquired a pair of s370 p3-933 that I want to dual up, but only good source of dual boards right now is egay. *sigh*

I do miss the days of excessive overvolts though. No NSDS on my Cel300a that ran at 500+ on stock air :)

I still have a couple of my original 300a's, And a waterblock/peliter sandwich for one of them.

mad it to 124fsb 558mhz.

Guess i shouldve sold these long ago!!!

Nice, my Celeron 300A only did 464 w/ 2.05V on air.

Heh...mine did 464 for about 10 min before I pumped it up to 558 like Ted's. 2.1v to get it. Those were the days. Replaced it with a s370 600e that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it to boot past 800. Ran there for year and a half, but couldn't get higher.

What's really bad is when you have two PIII 667's that won't run above 666 mhz. :p

Are the PIII's with 512k cache better OCers than the ones with 256k? I'm debating between two PIII 550's, or two PIII 667's. Only difference other than clock is cache...

Man, it's nice that the PII's and PIII's are SMP enabled. ;)

Definately the 256k versions. The 512k cpu's ran the cache at 1/2 speed of cpu causing some latency issues when using unusual fsb's when reading and writing to cache. The 256k versions run full speed and don't have that problem.

Originally posted by Bomber
Definately the 256k versions. The 512k cpu's ran the cache at 1/2 speed of cpu causing some latency issues when using unusual fsb's when reading and writing to cache. The 256k versions run full speed and don't have that problem.

Uh don't the Tualatins (P4-S versions) have 512k in them?

(EDIT - My bad, you're referring to the older Slot procs)

BTW here is a cool looking dually board, dunno much about it though.

http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?src=PW&item=9948

Originally posted by batotman
Uh don't the Tualatins (P4-S versions) have 512k in them?

(EDIT - My bad, you're referring to the older Slot procs)

BTW here is a cool looking dually board, dunno much about it though.

http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?src=PW&item=9948

Yes, the Tualatins had 512k L2. I'd love to get a FC PGA-2 mainboard and put some tuallies on it. ;)

That board you linked to is the only dual Socket 370 mainboard I've seen for under $100. :eek: Looks like it ONLY takes Tualitins... :p You're limited to 1.2-1.4 ghz PIII's on it... Unless it only takes older cores, in which case it would really suck.

Okay, getting two 667's then. ;)

Yes, the Tualatins had 512k L2. I'd love to get a FC PGA-2 mainboard and put some tuallies on it. ;)

That board you linked to is the only dual Socket 370 mainboard I've seen for under $100. :eek: Looks like it ONLY takes Tualitins... :p You're limited to 1.2-1.4 ghz PIII's on it... Unless it only takes older cores, in which case it would really suck.

Okay, getting two 667's then. ;)

Supposedly it takes coppermines and Tualatins. Have to check gigabyte site to be sure.

http://www.directron.com/ga6vtxd.html

http://www.gigabyte.de/Server/Products/Products_ServerBoard_GA-6VTXD.htm

As for the Tualatin Procs, must be 512k server version. All coppermines should work normally.

Max voltage is 1.8V, is that anything you need to know?

Manual says procs supported 500Mhz+.

Hmm. I might have to get it, then. I have a 1 ghz Coppermine right now, might have to get it a little identical friend. ;) Don't like the 256k cache though.

Do Celeron 1.4's work in dual configs? I'm guessing not since they are tualatins.

Dual Celeron 1.0's on this would be hella cheap though lol.

Do Celeron 1.4's work in dual configs? I'm guessing not since they are tualatins.

Dual Celeron 1.0's on this would be hella cheap though lol.

As far as I know, Celerons have SMP disabled. :( Celerons and P4's have no SMP (unless you get into P4 Xeons).

As far as I know, Celerons have SMP disabled. :( Celerons and P4's have no SMP (unless you get into P4 Xeons).

Same with the Tualatin based PIII's w/256K L2 (non PIII-S) : /

Same with the Tualatin based PIII's w/256K L2 (non PIII-S) : /

The PIII's that are rated at 1.4 ghz are the server class chips, no? They have that magical 512k of full speed cache. At least that's what I remember (it's been a while).

Back