Pictures Of Your Dually Rigs!

Do quads count? Granted I didn't build it but it's a 4x900MHz Sun Fire V480 12GB ram, pretty nice system. LOUD AS HELL and puts out heat like a motherfucker but you know that comes with being the kind of system it is. Actually has metal fans in it too, not only are the blades metal but the housing as well, never seen any of those before so I was impressed. I've got an FC drive that should be arriving tomorrow and I have some external SCSI ones I can use too. It's got an XVR-100 which is pretty nice so I can use graphics as well as console.

quads1.jpg

quads2.jpg

quads3.jpg

Guessing a jury-rigged air duct to split/direct the air from the fan to the right of it.

My 'Dually Rig'
2 x Xeon 3400DP (Nocona) Hyperthreading On.
1GB DDR2 Memory
XFX 8800GT 1024GB 'Alpha Dog Edition'
2 x SATA HD's (60GB - Mac OS X Leopard, 160GB - Storage)
1 x PATA HD (80GB - Windows XP Pro 64Bit Edition)
DSC01473.jpg

DSC01483.jpg

DSC01471.jpg

Want to know. Are you all using the pc's for gaming or are it servers?

Mine can dual boot with leopard server so I can say yes, I play rpg's and currently I'm half half through HAWX so yeah I use it as a server and a gaming machine.
get around about 60~85 fps with everything high on 1680x1050 - HAWX

Need more memory to play crysis :-(

Last edited:
Game motherboard whit 1 processor have laot of this on it for gamers. You don't miss that?

And what about for example you have a GTX295 nvidia can you pc/server run that?

If you have another look at the pictures, I have a 16x PCI-E graphics port so yes I can use any of the newer ATI or Nvidia cards only exception is they have to be below 150watts for my rig, I have 3 x PCI-X slots which are backwards compactible with PCI so I can even use newer sound cards infact I have a creative xfi xtreme music which I'm gonna install whenever I'm free.

Can't do SLi or Crossfire as I've only got one pci-e port :-(

my rig. currently parting... i felt like i wasn't putting it to good use.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_nVcGMNsszGU/SZoDtu8SxmI/AAAAAAAAARs/qXqfqRN92RQ/s640/100_0106.JPG[/IMG

[IMG]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_nVcGMNsszGU/SZoDtLCwUuI/AAAAAAAAARk/PWoqK3-AIDo/s640/100_0104.JPG[/IMG

[IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_nVcGMNsszGU/SZoDuizRCcI/AAAAAAAAAR8/jv4k4XbHQYw/s800/100_0109.JPG[/IMG

for sale now:

[url]http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1392402[/url][/QUOTE]

I ended up buying his board, ram, and CPUs for a VMware ESXi system. I put it in one of Blue Fox's SuperMicro cases he was selling. I will post pics of it when I take it back down to add 8 more gigs of ram. Should be around Friday.

hah, I have one of those cases sitting unused in my attic !, do they come with drive carriers or do the drives screw into the case?

Passive CPU cooling is a bit scary!

Although those are "Passive" heatsinks, they are by no means passively cooled.

Those fans move an incredible amount of air, and generate a lot of noise. There is also the plastic manifold or duct to move air directly over the CPUs and RAM, then right out the back of the case.

It all works... and keeps things quite slender too (in some cases :p).

Although those are "Passive" heatsinks, they are by no means passively cooled.

Those fans move an incredible amount of air, and generate a lot of noise. There is also the plastic manifold or duct to move air directly over the CPUs and RAM, then right out the back of the case.

It all works... and keeps things quite slender too (in some cases :p).

Thank you!

It's up in the FS section, but I figured I might as well post it here too. I finally got my heatsinks in, so the air shroud is on and it is complete.

DSC00818s.JPG

Gaming monster.
IMG_0802.jpg

looks awesome. just a thought - if you turned the cpu water blocks 90 degrees to the left, (or even 180) so that the outlet barbs are towards the top, you'd accomplish a couple of things -
a.) easier to bleed the cpu block to rid of bubbles
b.) help elongate that space btwn the outlet barb (CPU1) and the CPU2 inlet barb. May help with that tight radius kink issue.

Here's one I built recently using spare parts, a new case + psu, a gpu from a friend, and a mobo, cpus, and ram purchased from a fellow [H] member.
Specs:
2x 1GHz Pentium III Coppermine
1x512MB + 1x256MB ECC SD-RAM
Supermicro 370DL3
16MB PCI Diamond Monster Fusion (3dfx Banshee)
Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE (board had no onboard sound)
20GB Seagate PATA drive
Rosewill 350W
Cheap E-atx server pedestal whose name escapes me atm
IMG_2789.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2788.jpg

IMG_2795.jpg

and of course:
IMG_2798.jpg

• 2 x X5550 (2.66Ghz ) Xeon 1366 CPUs
  • 2 x Noctua NH-U12DX 1366 Xeon Cpu Cooler
  • SUPERMICRO MBD-X8DAi-O Intel 5520
  • 12GB Crucial DDR3 1333 ECC Unbuffered Memory
  • LIAN LI PC-A70B
  • PC&C 910W Silencer
  • HIS 4850 ICEQ Turbo Video Card

t_RamInstalled.jpg

t_Heatsink90.jpg

t_PCIEFree.jpg

t_BackFan.jpg

t_LianLiOutside.jpg

t_FrontFans.jpg

t_TopFans.jpg

Here is my old dually rig
Dual Opteron 2347's running at 2.26Ghz (Stock 1.9Ghz)
ASUS L1N64SLI-WS flashed to WS/B for Opteron Support
2 x 2GB Kingston ECC PC6400 CL6 memory
Dynatron coolers at the time of picture
Homemade ~800 watt power supply
HIS ATI 3870X2
320gb 7200rpm Seagate 7200.10
SL731807.jpg

K-TRON

Oke got my dual rig today :D

Case: Chieftec LCX01 silver
Mainbord: Tyan Thunder K8WE
CPU's: AMD Opteron 244 (940, Single, 1.8GHz, 1MB, 400Hz FSB, Boxed)
Memory: Trancend 4GB DDR400 ECC
HDD: single 640 just for testing some things atm
CPU Coolers: Thermaltake Fanless103 CL-P0019
Power Suply: Recom 550w

Pics...
02092009271.jpg

02092009272.jpg

02092009274.jpg

Lightstar, just wanted2let u know that u can install dualcore single socket opteron on that board as well for an effective "quadcore" so to speak =). u prolly already know =P. i got 2 of those boards ;)

Lightstar, just wanted2let u know that u can install dualcore single socket opteron on that board as well for an effective "quadcore" so to speak =). u prolly already know =P. i got 2 of those boards ;)

Hi, Yeah i know that but i bought it this way :) allready looking for 2 dual core opterons :)

I was casing it, but then I had issues with the bequiet not putting down enough power on the 8pin.
I replaced it with a silverstone 1200W, and the board is much happier.

I'm having issues with the 9650SE 12ML raid card in that it keeps dropping 2 of the discs.
It's cost me 2T of data so far. I may end up using a separate PSU just for the discs, but that would mean serious adjustments to the thermaltake armour case I was intending to use.

Either way, i've a few more days before I'm finished.

edit:
Those benches are lazy benches, they were runinng while other stuff was running.
I have no idea how to begin with overclocking, so I doubt the benches will get much better.

The pcaps are of photoshop , john the ripper, and UT3(fullest settings).

any hints and tips appreciated.

Nice untitled. Do you need the horsepower for any particular application or is it just shits 'n' giggles?

Nice untitled, I choose the same motherboard for my homemade laptop. TYAN THUNDER :D

I shall get pics of mine soon.

What memory are you running?
Ive got 2 x 2GB Kingston PC6400 CL6 ECC. I think I may want to sell the memory I have for 2 x 4GB PC5300 memory cards

I am using a homemade 810 watt power supply

I hear flashing the BIOS to version 4 or so allows for ISTANBUL support, Have you tried this?
I amy be interested in upgrading to high clocked Shanghai's or lower clocked Istanbuls in the future.

K-TRON

Nice untitled. Do you need the horsepower for any particular application or is it just shits 'n' giggles?

My trade is in Performance Management so I need to develop against MS-SQL.
I like to keep a couple of VM's around for testing too.
Also it'll be acting as my media tank while I work out a long term solution for my discs.

So yeah, so dev work, a couple of server roles and shits and giggles.
I hoping it'll see me right for a while.
Nice untitled, I choose the same motherboard for my homemade laptop. TYAN THUNDER :D

I shall get pics of mine soon.

What memory are you running?
Ive got 2 x 2GB Kingston PC6400 CL6 ECC. I think I may want to sell the memory I have for 2 x 4GB PC5300 memory cards

I am using a homemade 810 watt power supply

I hear flashing the BIOS to version 4 or so allows for ISTANBUL support, Have you tried this?
I amy be interested in upgrading to high clocked Shanghai's or lower clocked Istanbuls in the future.

K-TRON

The memory is w/e crucial were doing cheap. 4 x 4 GB Reg'd.
Yeah, you can flash the BIOS for istanbul, but I have no d´need to do so yet, since I*m only running 23xx's.

I have 2 more of the cpus, and a guy is sending me a 2915 non-e version.

I'll probably swap all the discs and the raid card onto the non-e motherboard and keep this puppy as a pure workstation. If I can get permission to release the funds I'll probably add another 260GTX.
It'll cost me a pair of shoes and a handbag I reckon, but, it's a noble goal i think and worth the hit.

When I've got it cased and all the wires tidied up, it'll take it's rightful place in here:

It's not "pro", but, it does me just fine.

Last edited:
  • 2 x X5550 (2.66Ghz ) Xeon 1366 CPUs
  • 2 x Noctua NH-U12DX 1366 Xeon Cpu Cooler
  • SUPERMICRO MBD-X8DAi-O Intel 5520
  • 12GB Crucial DDR3 1333 ECC Unbuffered Memory
  • LIAN LI PC-A70B
  • PC&C 910W Silencer
  • HIS 4850 ICEQ Turbo Video Card

i think i just wet myself

Also posted in the "Show off your storage thread"

Motherboard - Supermicro X7DBE
Chassis - Supermicro 826E1-R800LPB (SAS expander backplane!)
Power Supplies - Redundant (2) 800W Ablecom/Supermicro
Processors - (2) E5320 quad core 1.86GHz
Memory - (2) 2GB Kingston PC2-5300 FB-DIMM KVR667D2D4F5/2G
Controller - Adaptec 5805
NIC card - Intel Pro/1000MT (missing low profile bracket)
Disks - (2) Seagate 250GB ST3250318AS - RAID 1
Disks - (6) Seagate 2TB ST32000542AS - RAID 5
UPS - APC BE750G 450W 750VA
OS - Proxmox VE (Debian Lenny 2.6.24)

Fileserver + virtualization (PXE, FTP, etc)
Four open hot swap bays for future expansion. If, in the future, I require more storage than that, I'll cascade another chassis.

Code:
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/pve/root          58G  836M   54G   2% /
tmpfs                 2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /lib/init/rw
udev                   10M  2.6M  7.5M  26% /dev
tmpfs                 2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /dev/shm
/dev/mapper/pve-data  164G  319M  164G   1% /var/lib/vz
/dev/sda1             504M   33M  446M   7% /boot
/dev/sdb1             9.1T  5.4T  3.7T  60% /mnt/array

Pics from minutes prior to deployment:

Back