PHP / mySQL coding help needed, $ available

Delltron

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,

I am currently in search for an easy way for a user to use an excel template to upload data to a mySQL db. Has anyone had any success with this?

If so, please contact me at [email protected] asap. I am offering a $ reward for a great script.

Thanks!

SQL Server Integration Services can move from an Excel spreadsheet to any target you'd like, including mySQL.

But I'm not sure how you'd use an Excel template in this context.

Thanks for the links!

Essentially what I want to do is have the user download an excel template, they would enter in their data, and upload it. Can you think of any other ideas that would allow for an easy process of entering a large amount of data?

Design a web page that accepted the data directly.

Design a web page that accepted the data directly.

good point. is there a reason why this has to be done with an Excel spreadsheet? why not just use a web form? that may be a much easier solution.

You could alway have the dump it to a delimited text file for upload and parse that...

I looked in an xls file in vim and you should be able to deterime the delimiters. It could take a while but might be worth the effort.

You could alway have the dump it to a delimited text file for upload and parse that...

I looked in an xls file in vim and you should be able to deterime the delimiters. It could take a while but might be worth the effort.

What he said ..... once you get a good parser down, its a one time thing. Its just an n by m matrix essentially.

Back