PhotoShop Recoloring Question

GlobalFear

2[H]4U
I know how to recolor images, just some images turn out weird? Lets take Peppers in the samples folder of ps 7 for example. Whenever I try to make a pepper a different color it looks like crap.

Advice on different methods would be great,
Thanks

<---- PhotoShop n00b

i think there's a way to properly do it with the dropper OR you could highlight the part you want to recolor, make that selection into a new layer, and hit ctrl-u (check colorize) and make it look like you want...on the layer blending mode, normal should do it.

yeah.. kinda what he ^^ said.. i take the lasso tool.. and hold down.. i think alt.. let me see.. yeah.. it is alt.. then i click, click, click, along the egde (i guess it is the exact thing as the magnetic lasso, but i have been doing it since photoshop 3 or something).. then i would take the selection and copy it, then paste it as a new layer.. then i go to ctrl+U.. and play around with it..

i took an art class once.. and the teacher made us.. use brushes, and pencils and stuff.. and also made us use the magic wand tool.. and everyone's projects looked like crap i think.. sure they were more artistic looking, but they might as well have run a filter on it to make it look like a painting.. i hated it.. oh well..

Thats the method I have been using. IT seems that on certain images in turns out like crap. (Peppers in Samples is one)

Back