Photo to video slideshow software

Rikki

2[H]4U
Hey there,

Been asked to take a wad of photos and turn them into a decent looking slideshow - talking a good few hundred pics and they want the slide show to be just under an hour.

Just wondering what people would recommend for something like that if they have done it before.

I used Windows Movie Maker a few years ago to put together our wedding slideshow. It was a very painless process!!!

Unfortunately, the best looking slide shows are flash or HTML5 slide shows. These are the shows with the little animated butterflies or rose petals, etc. on the photos. I happened to get a free version of iFunia photo slide show software (which has a ton of nice templates) from the Give-Away-Of-The-Day site last month but otherwise there just aren't any free flash slide show makers that aren't severely limited and that won't put watermarks/ads on the output. The other "problem" with most free Flash slide show software is that the slide show can only be displayed on a computer - but it can be converted to video files with an SWF to video converter (also not easy to find) and using DVD authoring software to create a playable DVD.

Now, for the good news (at least somewhat good news). There are a lot of good, non-Flash, free slide show programs. They aren't able to produce the nice fancy shows that Flash/HTML5 software can make but they can do somewhat better than Movie Maker - sometimes. Proshow Gold is one i like most.

stupeflix is an online based simple editor, it mixes the movie for you and adds a touch of music. about 30 seconds worth of video and hosting for free, couldn't knock em for that.

Back