Phanteks P400 Air and Rad questions

I will be building a Ryzen PC soonish, maybe this weekend. Using the NZXT Kraken X61. Should I set the rad in push-pull? If so, should I mount the push fans beneath the front IO panel? There are only two vents on the front panel at the top and the bottom. I would hate to waste fans that provide poor airflow.

My thought currently is to flip my PSU upside down and vent it out of the bottom. 140mm fan for pushing air out of the back
2x140m pushing air up and out of the top, 280mm rad on the front in push-pull if possible where it enters the case and the ceiling fans eject the heat out.

I understand every case is different just wanting to collect opinions.

And a non cooling question if sorts. The X61 uses 3/8 OD tubing. If I want to sleeve these with another tubing to change the color would using 3/8 inside diameter be too tight a fit and I should go with 7/16 to give it some room?

I managed to use a corsair h110i in my 400s i used 2 140s exhast out the top and a 120 out the back. Currently i have just the 2 140 intakes on the front panel, i just ordered 2 more fans to do the pull. I can tell you it that i do not think my pc is getting much fresh air due to how the case is designed and i kinda had to jerry rig the bottom plate to actually fit my 110i in the case. I was hoping the extra fans can help out some without making the RPMs go crazy on the push fans.

I'm looking at the same situation, but I think I'm going to end up going with a water-cooled loop. Currently the H60 I've got isn't cutting it, even with a push-pull (mine's in the back as the hose isnt long enough for the front) and 2x140s on the front. I did find a couple of builds that run a water cooled loop in the case so I know it can be done.

As for your other question, 3/8 ID would be WAYYY too tight to get the sleeve over in my opinion, but thats from working with trying to fit a copper tube into a water hose. I would like that extra 1/16" for my own sanity, but someone else can get you more specifics on the sleeving since I haven't actually done that.

I'm looking at the same situation, but I think I'm going to end up going with a water-cooled loop. Currently the H60 I've got isn't cutting it, even with a push-pull (mine's in the back as the hose isnt long enough for the front) and 2x140s on the front. I did find a couple of builds that run a water cooled loop in the case so I know it can be done.

As for your other question, 3/8 ID would be WAYYY too tight to get the sleeve over in my opinion, but thats from working with trying to fit a copper tube into a water hose. I would like that extra 1/16" for my own sanity, but someone else can get you more specifics on the sleeving since I haven't actually done that.

Thank you, that's what I thought about the tubing but I've never touched water cooling in my life so my plan is to get the 7/16 and some collars to make sure it stays snug, it should look as if NZXT made it that way when I'm done... I hope lol

Thank you, that's what I thought about the tubing but I've never touched water cooling in my life so my plan is to get the 7/16 and some collars to make sure it stays snug, it should look as if NZXT made it that way when I'm done... I hope lol

It looks like a site like this might give a better idea, but like I said, I've never actually done it before except for my brewery setup :)

EDIT: Ohhhh some pics!!! Now I want to do it too!

It looks like a site like this might give a better idea, but like I said, I've never actually done it before except for my brewery setup :)

EDIT: Ohhhh some pics!!! Now I want to do it too!

Yes it's pretty sweet! I will just be using the PrimoChill primoflex tubing in UV purple over the black tubes of the Kraken. My plan is to cut a line to splice it then slip it over and use primochill reusable nylon clamps to hold it in place. Pair that with their purple PSU extensions and I think it will look pretty fine even if it isn't a custom loop.

Yes it's pretty sweet! I will just be using the PrimoChill primoflex tubing in UV purple over the black tubes of the Kraken. My plan is to cut a line to splice it then slip it over and use primochill reusable nylon clamps to hold it in place. Pair that with their purple PSU extensions and I think it will look pretty fine even if it isn't a custom loop.

If thats what you're doing the extra space will make the fit look better after the splice, I'd think.

Back