PDA Games

ameoba

Supreme [H]ardness
So, home for the holidays and my dad says to me "I've got this PDA that I never use - it's yours if you want it". It looks like I'm going to take it and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good games to put on it.

The PDA is an HP Ipaq 1910 (200 MHz Intel XScale processor, 64 MB RAM, PocketPC).

Free is good.

Install Linux on it and then play "brag to your lamer friends." That's one of my favorties :D The last boss is rather difficult though.

There's probably a ton of free software you can use on it. I own a Palm PDA, so I don't know much about PocketPC's. But the site I use, also has a PocketPC section. Check this site out http://www.freewareppc.com/games/games.shtml There's much more than just games there, too. The site has a lot of ads lol, but other than that, it's cool. Enjoy your new PDA. :p

edit: Forgot to mention that there's also probably free ports of popular games such as Doom, Quake, ect. Just do a google for them

I used to have that same PDA (sold it a while ago). My favorite games were

Age of Empires
Worms
Snails
Turjah 2
Hyperspace Delivery Boy
Virtual Pool
PocketNester

There was also a space game that I can quite remeber the name of, started with a D though I think.

there IS ports of doom and quake. although on your pda, i don't think they will play as smooth as you want so maybe overclock it. my hp 4150 could play both, but just don't expect high frame rates

TheJackal said:
there IS ports of doom and quake. although on your pda, i don't think they will play as smooth as you want so maybe overclock it. my hp 4150 could play both, but just don't expect high frame rates
You can overclock a PDA? :eek:

When you say 200MHz XScale, I think you mean 200MHz ARM, I don't think the XScales were made that slow, and a 200MHz ARM generally outperforms anything 400MHz or slower pre-PXA270. Anyways, I've got a Dell Axim X5(1st gen, 300MHz) with a 128MB SD card, and whenever I go on a trip, I load it up with ROMs and take it with me in the car. I use PocketNester for NES ROMs and SNES9xJ4u for SNES ROMs(runs faster than PocketSNES, but you need to have the ROMs extracted since it doesn't read .zip files). PocketPCs are also great for puzzle games and such, Bejewled is pretty good, and if you have Windows Mobile 2003, it comes with a game called Jawbreaker which is also really addictive. The Turjah games are good shooters, they're also really hard. As for Pocket Doom and Pocket Quake, they run pretty well on my PPC, they should run well on yours to.

Yea, check out pocketSnes. Very handy little program. Though I cant get sound to work on mine, some people have no problems wiht that though. You should have no problem running that, so I say go for it.

Sound works for me, but it gives a HUGE performace hit, so I reccomend you keep it disabled. Also, as I said earlier, DO NOT use PocketSNES, use SNES9xJ4u instead. It's also based on SNES9x, but the latest version is newer than the most recent version of PocketSNES(they're both discontinued), and it runs much faster.

Back