PCI-Express X1 GPU Folding tax

What brand of X1950 card is made in the mini X1 form?
I've seen X1550s but not X1950s in X1.

You're going with a mini itx board and a 1950? Card will be bigger then the board. Why not go with Aopens 975 board that's socket M?

They did find bottlenecks folding in a 4x slot, I only imagine it would be much worse in a 1x.

Edit: looking at that board, there's no way a 16x card would fit without modifying the slot. You'd need for it to be open ended and it is not.

Not trying to look like a retard but I'm asking why are you spending so much for a exotic motherboard with very limited capabilities ? Would it be more efficient to sell the mobile processor and buy a standard one with a good motherboard like a P5B or DS3 ?

A x19xx class GPU with 512 MB won't fold any faster than ~9 minutes a frame on a x1 connection, no matter how fast you overclock the GPU. (I tested it, x16 slot, bios limited to x1.)

And a x16 GPU won't fit in a x1 slot on that motherboard. Follow that advice noted in the above posts.

A x19xx class GPU with 512 MB won't fold any faster than ~9 minutes a frame on a x1 connection, no matter how fast you overclock the GPU. (I tested it, x16 slot, bios limited to x1.)

And a x16 GPU won't fit in a x1 slot on that motherboard. Follow that advice noted in the above posts.

Awesome. Ok, thanks for letting me know. I've decided to purchase a miniitx motherboard with a PC16X slot now.

Back