pci-e slot has gone bad?

addictedto60fps

[H]ard|Gawd
So, out of the blue, I started noticing that my pc was very laggy (choppy animation during Windows startup, choppy/laggy youtube playback, unplayable frame rates in all games). So, after some troubleshooting, if I take the card out of the current pci-e slot and insert it into the other slot and boot up my pc, all my problems are gone.

Would it be safe to conclude my pci-e slot has gone bad? And if so, anyone know what may have caused it?

Flashlight and magnifying glass, close inspection to see if there's any debris, however small, in the slot?

Something outside of the slot keeping the video card from seating 100% properly in the slot? For example, the rear of the card being forced down too tight can possibly make the front part of the card angle up enough to interfere with its connection to the slot - or vice versa.

Yup, I've done both and still having issues. I've tried both my 680's in the "supposed bad" slot multiple times and sames issues appear every single time. But once I move either card into the other slot, no issues whatsoever.

Back