PCI card woes

Shambler

Supreme [H]ardness
Scenario: ATI 4850 installed and functioning fine
Added in a Zotac GT 520 PCI card to add on some extra monitors

Powered down machine, dropped in card, booted up. No vid on GT520 connected monitir. ATI 4850 running fine.

Attempted to install driver. Error This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware. (296.10 driver from Nvidia as well as older 298 driver from the Zotac disc.

Opened up Device Manager: Not listed in display adapters. Exclamation point within System Devices on PCI to PCI bridge or something similar. (Will get a screen shot of that error later)

Attempted to fix that issue. Windows noted I am using the latest/best driver for that PCI bridge thing.

Uninstalled all ATI drivers. Removed 4850. Kept 520. Booted up, vid displaying via the 520. Attempted to install driver. Failed with the same error. Still does nto show up within Display Adapters. Same device manager exclamation point present. Still says I am on the latest/best driver for that. Tried two of the 3 PCI ports on the PC. Same issue.

Ideas?

Cliffs:
Zotac GT 520 PCI does not show up in windows device manager
Cannot install any Nvidia drivers
Device manager shows PCI to PCI Bridge exclamation point (Cannot resolve)
Vid only displayed through GT 520 when no other video card is present
I see no options within BIOS to disable/enable PCI video

As far as I know the PCI bridge on there is an AMD one? Can you try reinstalling the chipset drivers and updating BIOS? I don't see any PCI-PCIe bridge specific drivers listed on ASUS' driver webpage.

Good idea on the chipset drivers. I'll check that and an updated BIOS tonight.

Try to set PCI video as primary in the bios. You can still set the other as primary within windows, so the only thing this will really affect is which monitor the bios and the windows startup logo shows up on. In my case that has resolved issues in several cases when running multiple GPUs from different companies.

I will try that tonight as well. Where would that setting be in windows btw?

Updated chipset drivers
Haven't updated BIOS yet
When both cards are in the machine and I select PCI as primary, no screens have an image.
With just the GT 520 in the machine, either setting (PCIE or PCI) work and video is displayed via the 520.

Device Manager:
PCI.PNG

Nvidia Driver install error:
Nvidia.PNG

Flashed BIOS to latest. No change.

The only other desktop in the house is running ESXi. Guess I could pull the USB drive hosting that and pop in a Windows DVD. See if it will display. Maybe try installing to a spare drive or something.

Back