PC Wireless Gaming Receiver (360 Pad)

Anyone use one of these little wireless dongles? I have the drivers installed, but the 360 controller just doesn't seem to want to connect to it. The light on the controller just sits there and flashes.

I figured I would ask here because it was pretty popular on Amazon and I know a lot of you guys use controllers.

Off to work.... Thanks in advance.

Try restarting your computer once or twice. Worked for me in Windows 8.

Did you try pushing the connect button on the top of the receiver and the connect button on the controller?

make sure you plug the thing to a back port of your comp usb not though a monitor or hub

also i realized when i reboot my comp lot of times i have to unplug and replug it.

first is in a microsoft official or a cheap knockoff?

the knockoffs usually say XBOX on the top or something like that where the official one will say Microsoft on the top

if its the knockoff then do some searching, there are quite a few methods to get it working, mostly involving the drivers

It is a random brand off Amazon. It had all good reviews. I think its something on my end.

Is there a specific sequence I am supposed to do to connect it?

Ooh got it. I had to get the driver from Microsofts site instead of cutting straight to the chase of picking the generic driver myself.

Thanks guys!

Anyone use one of these little wireless dongles? I have the drivers installed, but the 360 controller just doesn't seem to want to connect to it. The light on the controller just sits there and flashes.

I figured I would ask here because it was pretty popular on Amazon and I know a lot of you guys use controllers.

Off to work.... Thanks in advance.

download the xbox 360 installer, open in it winrar. Go to "xbox360\setup64\files" in the archive. Extract the whole "drivers" folder.

Then go to device manager, there should something like"Unknown device" when you update the driver choose the option "let me pick from a list of device drivers" then click "have disk"

Then go to the drivers folder you just extracted, go to win7 and choose xusb21.inf. Then choose "xbox 360 wireless receiver".

I got a off brand dongle off of ebay, and this is how I get mine to work. This has to be done everytime its plugged into a different port.

Sequence should be: plug in receiver so it's green light is on, hold the X button that's in the middle of the controller until it flashes, hold connect button on receiver till light flashes, hold connect button on controller until light goes solid.

Back